What will it take for a NKY 6A State title?

What 6A NKY team brings home the 1st State Title?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What Northern Kentucky big school will bring home the first 6A State Champiohship Trophy?

• Campbell County
    • Ryle
    • Simon Kenton
    • Other (A team currently in a lower division that moves to 6A in the future)

On 11/22/2023 at 10:35 AM, 1959 said:

IMO Campbell Co has the most potential to get it done if they can retain players. That may sound crazy, but Alexandria is exploding in population and there is no other large school in the area to poach players.  Their middle school teams both won NKMSAA championships this year and varsity was a few plays away from winning the district. Gotta keep building, but I see a potential 10 year window, or until another school is built, where CCHS can do some things. 

I personally don’t understand what is wrong out there. They are the only public school out that way and have never made it to the 3rd round. They have had success in every sports program except football. They have so many athletes on roster each year but never do anything.

On 11/22/2023 at 12:31 PM, theguru said:

Remember CCH dropped from 5A to 4A so I would say they are a long way off.

Does anyone know if Highlands is anywhere close to 6A numbers?

Nowhere near and never will be.

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2023 at 4:10 PM, FrankNicodemus said:

Forgive me for not knowing. Has any NKY school EVER brought home the Biggest class State Trophy? Even when there was just 4 classes. I know there have been multiple Runner Ups but has there been any Champs??? Just curious…..

Not as far as I know.

22 hours ago, Valmet said:

With so much population and talent so close, it is just a matter of making the right hire. I live in Johnson County so I got to watch it happen here.

Much different animal in NKY. There are 3 5A schools, a 2A school, and a 6A school in Boone County. Very similar in Kenton County and not quite the same in Campbell County. There are plenty of good coaches here but the talent is spread out.

2 minutes ago, 9068 said:

Much different animal in NKY. There are 3 5A schools, a 2A school, and a 6A school in Boone County. Very similar in Kenton County and not quite the same in Campbell County. There are plenty of good coaches here but the talent is spread out.

I know it is different, but I also that there are more kids in Boone, Campbell, and Kenton counties than all of the mountains. And the land area isn't as big as Pike County by itself. There are lots of good coaches everywhere but when a school board hires the right coach and the community gets behind them it can happen. You get the right coach in a good public school you might get all the kids that live in your district and some more might be willing to move there.