What will it take for a NKY 6A State title?

What 6A NKY team brings home the 1st State Title?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What Northern Kentucky big school will bring home the first 6A State Champiohship Trophy?

• Campbell County
    • Ryle
    • Simon Kenton
    • Other (A team currently in a lower division that moves to 6A in the future)

5 hours ago, Brown said:

Not to be a smart aleck, but Cov Cath or Highlands moving up.  The CovCath team with Maher (sp?) or the Highlands teams of Derek Smith/Lorenzen or the Guiduigli/Rob Smith/Grover/Hamblen teams to me could have won 6A.

I know that the 2009 Birds were undefeated and played Cincinnati St X and won. I believe that Cincinnati StX run ruled Trinity and Lou StX that year. I believe the 2010 team would have won six A also.

• Like 1

No NKY team has won the biggest classification at 4A and now 6A. Only a handful of statewide teams can make that claim. If I had to say, I’d have to plead the 5th. With population growth in Boone County the last 25 years, it’s split the talent to all schools. Independence and Alexandria have been booming as well. I just can’t see a scenario where these schools win it all anytime soon.

42 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

I should remember this, but I don't, and I'm sure I could dig it up, but guessing someone will have a great recall of it:  what team beat Boone County with Shaun Alexander in the state finals in 4A (largest class then)?  Trinity?

That is correct.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

I should remember this, but I don't, and I'm sure I could dig it up, but guessing someone will have a great recall of it:  what team beat Boone County with Shaun Alexander in the state finals in 4A (largest class then)?  Trinity?

Yep, two D1 LBs vs. a NFL MVP. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, FrankNicodemus said:

21-7

Looks like BC came even closer in 1987 losing only 17-14, to Shelby County.

After they beat Shelby County in the season, 28-0 I believe.  

Yes, the 1987 Boone County team was their best team ever in my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Double Deuce said:

St. X beat Boone County when they had Shaun Alexander in 1992. St. X won 3-0. Kicked a FG late in 4th quarter. I was on sideline so had great view, it was also very cold that day at Cardinal Stadium.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, theguru said:

I know it was before Kentucky went to six classes but the Ryle team that made the finals when Bryson Warner was the head coach was very good and played a respectable game against Trinity in the finals. 

I came here to mention this.

The last year of 4A.

I think it was 41-7.