College Football Playoff: Top 25 (11/21/23)

16thBBall Fan

1. Georgia (11-0) NC

2. Ohio State (11-0) NC

3. Michigan (11-0) NC

4. Washington (11-0) Up 1

5. Florida State (11-0) Down 1

6. Oregon (10-1) NC

7.  Texas (10-1) NC

8. Alabama (10-1) NC

9. Missouri (9-2)

10. Louisville (10-1) NC

11. Penn State (9-2) Up 1

12. Ole Miss (9-2) up 1

13. Oklahoma (-3) Up 1

14. LSU (8-3) Up 1

15. Arizona (8-3) Up 2

16. Oregon State (8-3) Down 5

17. Iowa (9-2) Down 1

18. Notre Dame (8-3) Up 1

19. Kansas State (8-3) Up 2

20. Oklahoma State (8-3) Up 3

21. Tennessee (7-4) Down 3

22. NC State (8-3) NR

23. Tulane (10-1) Up 1

24. Clemson (7-4) NR

25. Liberty (11-0) NR

Dropped from Top 25: North Carolina (20), Utah (22), Kansas (25)

I’m not surprised that Washington took the #4 spot. Kind of surprised it didn’t happen before. The top four will shake itself out after Michigan and Ohio State play and depending on what else happens. Not that it’s very relevant but I might have Louisville above Missouri. 

7 minutes ago, REALSPORT said:

I always root for chaos these last 2 weeks.  We need Alabama to beat Georgia.  Ohio State and Michigan to play an epic close game, The Ville to beat Florida St., and Oregon to beat Washington.  

You and me both, But I believe, the Ville will beat Florida St., and I believe Oregon will be Washington in the rematch. 

A lot of people are thinking Oregon is going to beat Washington which is possible obviously, but I think Washington’s chances of winning again aren’t as our there as everyone thinks. What would be chaotic is Washington losing to Washington State for the Apple Cup. I don’t see it happening, but it is rivalry weekend. Stranger things have happened.

3 hours ago, Big East Zebra said:

Not that it’s very relevant but I might have Louisville above Missouri. 

Not with UL horrible loss to a terrible Pitt team, no way.

Two losses is more than one and at this point of the season it’s a difference maker.

Anyone realistic knew Louisville was going to lose a game and probably thought more from NC State on, Louisville fans included. Pitt just happened to be the one, but they are better overall as a team since then.

6 hours ago, hrcarrier said:

Two losses is more than one and at this point of the season it’s a difference maker.

Anyone realistic knew Louisville was going to lose a game and probably thought more from NC State on, Louisville fans included. Pitt just happened to be the one, but they are better overall as a team since then.

Mizz’s two loses were to LSU and Georgia. Two teams in the top 25. While it is 2 losses, those 2 are much better than Louisville’s one lost to a 3 win team in Pitt 

19 minutes ago, Big East Zebra said:

Mizz’s two loses were to LSU and Georgia. Two teams in the top 25. While it is 2 losses, those 2 are much better than Louisville’s one lost to a 3 win team in Pitt 

I know what you’re saying, but it is what it is. Ever since the playoff started the power conferences were dubbed as they are and the ACC is one of them. Doesn’t matter which is overall better than the other, it’s an is what is situation. At least the four team playoff isn’t far from being done.

12 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

The question for this week's poll on Tuesday is will Michigan move all the way up to #1 or take the Buckeyes place at number 2. I think the latter myself.

They won by 6 points at home against a team they've beat 3 straight times.  Nothing would surprise me. 

3 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

The question for this week's poll on Tuesday is will Michigan move all the way up to #1 or take the Buckeyes place at number 2. I think the latter myself.

Bigger question is how far does Ohio State fall?

Do they fall far enough to allow Texas or Alabama a slight chance to get in, or does OSU just drop out of top 4 and wait for a loss above them to slide back in?

• Like 1