College Football Playoff: Top 25 (11/21/23)

16thBBall Fan

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Let's say Michigan wins, Florida State wins, Washington wins, Texas wins and Alabama were to beat Georgia...would the SEC be left out of the final,  four game playoff?

It's possible.  I still think Florida State isn't a top 10 team without their QB.  In the perfect world Louisville take Florida State out of it.  

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 11:25 PM, sportsfan41 said:

It's possible.  I still think Florida State isn't a top 10 team without their QB.  In the perfect world Louisville take Florida State out of it.  

Louisville's problem is if they take FSU out of it FSU gets the Orange Bowl correct?  Then UL would get the Pop Tart Bowl.  But a win over FSU and ACC championship would be worth more than any bowl game that is not the playoffs I would think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rjal said:

Louisville's problem is if they take FSU out of it FSU gets the Orange Bowl correct?  Then UL would get the Pop Tart Bowl.  But a win over FSU and ACC championship would be worth more than any bowl game that is not the playoffs I would think.

That makes very little sense to me. 

Most things I’ve seen agree that Louisville is just about a lock for the Orange Bowl. If they win the ACC, it’s simple - they go as champion. If they lose, most feel that FSU is still making the playoff. So Louisville’s only worry then is that they are ranked ahead of NC State in the final playoff ranks. If FSU is ACC champ and left out of the playoff, that obviously would also knock Louisville down. 

But the most likely results are considered either Louisville wins or still goes as runner-up.