Bengals 17 Seahawks 13

1 hour ago, Breds82 said:

Pete Carrol again over thinking helps the Bengals. Instead of FG t make it 17-16, and your defense absolutely shutting the Bengals down, they go for it on 4th down and can convert. My brother in law said in real time they should kick the FG. Thank goodness the Defense is awesome.

At that point in the game, I am going for it.

• Like 1

I get what you’re saying and I would as well most of the time, but Seattle shut the Bengals offense down the whole game. 2 timeouts left I’m kicking the ball try en only have to get to the 40 for a chance to win, versus a TD drive.

5 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

I get what you’re saying and I would as well most of the time, but Seattle shut the Bengals offense down the whole game. 2 timeouts left I’m kicking the ball try en only have to get to the 40 for a chance to win, versus a TD drive.

I can see both sides of it. But as strong as Seattle's defense was, no way I give the ball back to Burrow at that point trailing on the scoreboard.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DanvilleFan said:

I wasn't a fan of the playcalling only because a 1st down gives you the win.  I get the idea of passing it but making long bombs on 2 of those 3 plays?  That's where I have a problem.  Also, I think you have to force Seattle to burn their timeouts there and not have one in their back pocket when they are making a drive.  I don't think you have to get tight and run HB Dive three straight plays, but I also think you can get too aggressive there and leave too much time for the other team to beat you, while also not giving yourself a good chance to get the 1 first down you need to win.

But the Bengals won and that's all that matters.

Just because passes went down field, doesn’t mean the whole play was designed to be a deep shot. Almost every single pass play is going to have at least one guy going deep. Which as we have seen with Burrow he is going to take his shot deep if he has a guy in a one on one situation. So I can’t fault that play call either, because I’m sure there were other routes available that weren’t just going long and so the play itself may not have been designed for a deep shot.
Just Burrow though went with his one on one matchup, and usually works out well for him. 

Now in regards to the time, if the Bengals ran the ball on that third down and forced Seattle to use their last time out. Seattle would have still had over one minute and 40 seconds left. Which is an eternity for an NFL game, even with no timeouts. So even with no timeouts Seattle would have had more than enough time to drive down the field. 

11 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

After a terrible start, I think they are in the best position possible headed into the bye.   Tough SF team on the other side, but if they're looking at potentially playing without Samuel and McCaffery, the 9ers are a little less daunting, on paper.

Brock Purdy doesn't look at all like superman without all those weapons now does he?

• Haha 1

From Bengals4Life on Facebook and photo from Bengals.com:

Cam Taylor-Britt had a great birthday yesterday and he is quickly becoming one of the best CBs in the league.
‣7 tackles 
‣2 TFL 
‣2 QB hits 
‣3 pass deflections  
‣1 INT

cam.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if Joe wasn't dealing with a head issue after the high/low sack that occurred in the second quarter.

After that play he was just not the same and missing guys like he normally does not, even in the first three weeks.

Get healthy and make a run. Winning is tough and they won, on to the bye.

• Like 1

I think it was the Bengals' third drive of the second half that ended with the Bengals punting on 4th and less than 1 from their own 44 yard line, I thought that was about the most gutless thing I've ever seen these Bengals do. At that point they were only leading by 1, I don't get where the aggressive mindset was then.