Bengals 17 Seahawks 13

Pete Carrol again over thinking helps the Bengals. Instead of FG t make it 17-16, and your defense absolutely shutting the Bengals down, they go for it on 4th down and can convert. My brother in law said in real time they should kick the FG. Thank goodness the Defense is awesome.

• Like 2

A nice ugly win. The offense and Joe Burrow was bad in the second half. Burrow was simply off this game in the second half and consistently kept throwing behind some open receivers. With that said for the second week in a row his mobility looked much better. So hopefully now with the bye week, he can come back and be completely 100% the rest of the year. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

Pete Carrol again over thinking helps the Bengals. Instead of FG t make it 17-16, and your defense absolutely shutting the Bengals down, they go for it on 4th down and can convert. My brother in law said in real time they should kick the FG. Thank goodness the Defense is awesome.

I was thinking a FG was the better option for Seattle there but I totally understand going for it too.

• Like 2

I have seen a lot of people upset on twitter and Facebook with the last Bengals drive and passing the ball. I had zero problem with it though. 

With the two minute warning, it wouldn’t matter if the first pass was incomplete because the clock stops no matter what. Second down they ran it and made them use a timeout. Now third down,  if you get the first down the game is over and you win. I watched Marvin Lewis in those situations always play it safe and run the ball and allow the other team to get the ball back to possibly go win it. I like being aggressive and trusting your franchise QB and trying to win the game right then, even in a game when he is off. Then if you don’t get it, you trust your defense to make a play and keep them out of the end zone. Sometimes it may backfire, but I know I am always in favor of being aggressive and trying to win the game right then and there. Which I’m sure I am in the minority on that lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I have seen a lot of people upset on twitter and Facebook with the last Bengals drive and passing the ball. I had zero problem with it though. 

With the two minute warning, it wouldn’t matter if the first pass was incomplete because the clock stops no matter what. Second down they ran it and made them use a timeout. Now third down,  if you get the first down the game is over and you win. I watched Marvin Lewis in those situations always play it safe and run the ball and allow the other team to get the ball back to possibly go win it. I like being aggressive and trusting your franchise QB and trying to win the game right then, even in a game when he is off. Then if you don’t get it, you trust your defense to make a play and keep them out of the end zone. Sometimes it may backfire, but I know I am always in favor of being aggressive and trying to win the game right then and there. Which I’m sure I am in the minority on that lol

Same on aggression most of the time. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I wasn't a fan of the playcalling only because a 1st down gives you the win.  I get the idea of passing it but making long bombs on 2 of those 3 plays?  That's where I have a problem.  Also, I think you have to force Seattle to burn their timeouts there and not have one in their back pocket when they are making a drive.  I don't think you have to get tight and run HB Dive three straight plays, but I also think you can get too aggressive there and leave too much time for the other team to beat you, while also not giving yourself a good chance to get the 1 first down you need to win.

But the Bengals won and that's all that matters.