Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lloyd Memorial vs. Lexington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 58 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 10/13/2023 at 11:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

It’s finally here! This will be the game that let's the Juggernaut Nation know were we stand in 3A. Not to many obstacles have been in the way until now. Standings mean nothing at this point. LC has played a much tougher schedule on paper but are the Juggs just that good? We will see come Friday. I will of course take the Juggs in a close one. I just think our defense is much better than people think.

  • Replies 89
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • We've had this on our radar for a while and this can be seen on (859) Sports Radio!  I know the Juggs can run and have speed all over the field and are at home and Erlanger will be rocking.  Please tu

  • Runcible Owl
    Runcible Owl

    Man, I haven't seen that much eggplant on display since this summer's county 4-H fair. There was mutual respect between Lloyd and Beechwood as football competitors for a generation before I becam

  • The disrespect for the Juggs in this post is sad. Grown men judging children. Children who have played the schedule handed to them and done nothing but win, and win with class. This schedule was writt

Posted Images

I am going to take LexCath, no one else Lloyd has played even comes close to what the Knights are going to bring to Erlanger. 

81lpvg.jpg.d4d7cc6eaae550aab702674c9343f52d.jpg

Erlanger A Proving Ground For Lloyd Against The Knights

Records: LexCath (3-4) | Lloyd (7-0)

BGP Rankings: LexCath (#2 in 3A) | Lloyd (#5 in 3A)

Week 8 Results: LexCath beat Bourbon County | Lloyd beat Pendleton County 

Series History: LexCath leads 1-0 all-time 

Preview: It's commonplace for Lexington Catholic to occupy a high ranking in its class, but it's been a while since the Juggernauts were this highly regarded. 

Is their #5 ranking justified? That's up for debate. The strength of schedule offers little to bolster an argument for it, but the Juggs are undefeated and untested. They've done what's expected of them every week.

What's not up for debate, is LexCath's SOS. Look past the Knights' two wins to their four losses: three #1s (Highlands, LCA, and Boyle County) and a #2 (Corbin). Lloyd Memorial will be hard pressed to show Lexington Catholic anything it hasn't already seen. 

This is the biggest regular season game on Lloyd's docket by a mile, one that will either validate or reject their place in the 3A pecking order.

I went with LC in this one but think that Lloyd’s Defense can keep it respectable and as Lee Corso says “Closer than the experts think”. 
LC 21

Lloyd 14

As much as I'll be pulling for the Juggs, I just don't like that fact that their first test is this big of a test. My heart says Lloyd close, my head says LexCath close. It may come down to how well Sebastian can throw the ball as I don't think Evans will be back for a few more weeks. That said, Lloyd hasn't had a need to test Sebastian's arm because his legs are that good but I feel like LexCath will be ready for it. 

  • Author

It will be interesting to watch LC strategy offensively in this game. Do they attempt 40 plus passes  against Lloyd or stay run heavy? 
Jackson, Abrams, Plymesser, and Carter up front are big strong and quick with Westwood anchoring at at middle LB.
Does LC find success running against them? When passing do they avoid throwing towards Sebastion? He is an elite athletic next level defender at cornerback no doubt.

The Tomato Can Tour finally comes to an end this week. When Bethlehem or New Cath has been your toughest opponent year to date, then you haven’t played anyone any good.

Lloyd may be able to keep the score down because they will run the ball and try to control the clock, but this may resemble when Rocky fought Clubber Lang the first time after Mick let him defend his title against a bunch of has beens, and he finally had to fight someone with a pulse.

Interested for sure in seeing how this one turns out. This game should answer all the question marks about Lloyd that some have, win or lose. I think Lloyd is better than some are thinking, but this is their biggest test to this point. I look for a higher scoring game and think LC wins. Hopefully I’m wrong though, would love seeing Lloyd win.

I may come to this, especially if in Erlanger. I would think this is the game of the week on Friday for NKY. 

  • Author

I think this will definitely be the game of the week in northern Kentucky.

4 minutes ago, DRKARK said:

I think this will definitely be the game of the week in northern Kentucky.

This game and Campbell/Simon considering they are both NKY teams. 

2 hours ago, gbballfan21 said:

The Tomato Can Tour finally comes to an end this week. When Bethlehem or New Cath has been your toughest opponent year to date, then you haven’t played anyone any good.

Lloyd may be able to keep the score down because they will run the ball and try to control the clock, but this may resemble when Rocky fought Clubber Lang the first time after Mick let him defend his title against a bunch of has beens, and he finally had to fight someone with a pulse.

Man, I haven't seen that much eggplant on display since this summer's county 4-H fair.

There was mutual respect between Lloyd and Beechwood as football competitors for a generation before I became aware of it in the mid 60's. Before that, my pops saw good football talent slip from Fort Mitchell through Lakeside Park, to go play for Dixie. The fact that you're using some tired "Rocky" tropes tells me you're old enough to remember when New Cath could stand toe to toe with the Tigers. 

✓ I think a better framing of the Juggernauts to date ~ 

• A borderline Top 10 3A team moving up a class for this cycle.

• Are they ready for 3A primetime, to rejoin (they do have two state titles) the elite programs of NKY and make statewide headlines? Not yet.

• Are they a novelty, getting some attention here on BGP? Absolutely - and they've earned it.

Coach Niederman is doing a fine job. Lloyd revamped their stadium, are moving up a class, and are playing some of the best football Erlanger has seen in a generation. 

Did they make it to the 2A semis last year before Beechwood walloped them? Yes, but y'all at the mighty Tigers, right?

• Has the schedule been a little soft? Sure. Have they "played up" with success - plenty of 5A teams in the recent past? Yes.

New Cath and Bethlehem, though are both Top 10 1A programs this year. To describe them as "Tomato Cans" is disrespectful to all three schools. 

Last I heard, equal respect isn't a pie. Giving some to others doesn't mean you get less.

42 minutes ago, Runcible Owl said:

Man, I haven't seen that much eggplant on display since this summer's county 4-H fair.

There was mutual respect between Lloyd and Beechwood as football competitors for a generation before I became aware of it in the mid 60's. Before that, my pops saw good football talent slip from Fort Mitchell through Lakeside Park, to go play for Dixie. The fact that you're using some tired "Rocky" tropes tells me you're old enough to remember when New Cath could stand toe to toe with the Tigers. 

✓ I think a better framing of the Juggernauts to date ~ 

• A borderline Top 10 3A team moving up a class for this cycle.

• Are they ready for 3A primetime, to rejoin (they do have two state titles) the elite programs of NKY and make statewide headlines? Not yet.

• Are they a novelty, getting some attention here on BGP? Absolutely - and they've earned it.

Coach Niederman is doing a fine job. Lloyd revamped their stadium, are moving up a class, and are playing some of the best football Erlanger has seen in a generation. 

Did they make it to the 2A semis last year before Beechwood walloped them? Yes, but y'all at the mighty Tigers, right?

• Has the schedule been a little soft? Sure. Have they "played up" with success - plenty of 5A teams in the recent past? Yes.

New Cath and Bethlehem, though are both Top 10 1A programs this year. To describe them as "Tomato Cans" is disrespectful to all three schools. 

Last I heard, equal respect isn't a pie. Giving some to others doesn't mean you get less.

I’m also old enough to remember when Boone County was a state powerhouse, those days are long gone!! Does beating them classify as a good win this year as well? I’m sorry I’m not impressed with Lloyd’s resume up to this point in the season. NCC is 3-4, Bethlehem is a top 10 1A team in a really down 1A that is a 2 horse race with Pikeville and Raceland and maybe Campbellsville being able to make some noise. The rest of the wins are against Brossart, Newport, winless Holmes, and district opponent winless Pendleton Co.

If Lloyd keeps it close against Lex Cath, then I will change my opinion of them, until then, I need to see them compete with a quality opponent before I believe they are for real this year.

I will say, they are definitely improved from a couple years ago, but we shall see if they are ready for prime time on Friday.

 

 

12 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

I’m also old enough to remember when Boone County was a state powerhouse, those days are long gone!! Does beating them classify as a good win this year as well? I’m sorry I’m not impressed with Lloyd’s resume up to this point in the season. NCC is 3-4, Bethlehem is a top 10 1A team in a really down 1A that is a 2 horse race with Pikeville and Raceland and maybe Campbellsville being able to make some noise. The rest of the wins are against Brossart, Newport, winless Holmes, and district opponent winless Pendleton Co.

If Lloyd keeps it close against Lex Cath, then I will change my opinion of them, until then, I need to see them compete with a quality opponent before I believe they are for real this year.

I will say, they are definitely improved from a couple years ago, but we shall see if they are ready for prime time on Friday.

 

 

I don't think Lloyd will be able to stop LexCath unless there is bad weather. 

People have been praising Lloyd all season so let’s see how they do against one of the top teams in 3A. I’m going LC 28-14.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.