Lloyd Memorial vs. Lexington Catholic Predictions/Updates

DRKARK

Who wins?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2023 at 11:00 PM

Kyle is a terrific coach and a great guy, I expect him to have his Juggs frothing at the mouth for this opportunity.  

If this game is anywhere near a running clock I will be shocked.  I think LexCath wins, but I think it is absolutely competitive into the 2nd half and maybe the 4th quarter.  

Go get 'em, Juggs!!!!

• Like 1

I won’t make a prediction because I have not seen Lloyd play; however, I will say they better be prepared a fast paced Lex Cath offense because they play at a high rate of speed.  Their QB is very mobile and if you don’t get good pressure on him he is very good at scrambling and finding receivers ( and his receivers are pretty good at route running and getting open for him.

4 hours ago, 859Radio said:

We've had this on our radar for a while and this can be seen on (859) Sports Radio!  I know the Juggs can run and have speed all over the field and are at home and Erlanger will be rocking.  Please tune in and spread the word!

Awesome.. great broadcast when I watched the LLoyd and New Cath game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nkybballfan23 said:

I’m gonna take Lex Cath in a close game. Something no one has talked about here is that Lloyd pretty much plays all of their guys both sides of the ball. That could factor into the result.

I could see that resulting in LexCath putting on a second half passing clinic. 

17 minutes ago, Nkybballfan23 said:

Their fast paced offense may really do some damage in the 2nd half. 

And the first half!  I can see one version of this game where LexCath comes out hot and this game gets away from Lloyd early.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, theguru said:

And the first half!  I can see one version of this game where LexCath comes out hot and this game gets away from Lloyd early.  

That's one scenario I'm worried about. Unless Evans is cleared for this week, which I would doubt, I don't know if Lloyd has what it takes to play the come back game through the air. 

On 10/7/2023 at 3:42 PM, Runcible Owl said:

Man, I haven't seen that much eggplant on display since this summer's county 4-H fair.

There was mutual respect between Lloyd and Beechwood as football competitors for a generation before I became aware of it in the mid 60's. Before that, my pops saw good football talent slip from Fort Mitchell through Lakeside Park, to go play for Dixie. The fact that you're using some tired "Rocky" tropes tells me you're old enough to remember when New Cath could stand toe to toe with the Tigers. 

✓ I think a better framing of the Juggernauts to date ~ 

• A borderline Top 10 3A team moving up a class for this cycle.

• Are they ready for 3A primetime, to rejoin (they do have two state titles) the elite programs of NKY and make statewide headlines? Not yet.

• Are they a novelty, getting some attention here on BGP? Absolutely - and they've earned it.

Coach Niederman is doing a fine job. Lloyd revamped their stadium, are moving up a class, and are playing some of the best football Erlanger has seen in a generation. 

Did they make it to the 2A semis last year before Beechwood walloped them? Yes, but y'all at the mighty Tigers, right?

• Has the schedule been a little soft? Sure. Have they "played up" with success - plenty of 5A teams in the recent past? Yes.

New Cath and Bethlehem, though are both Top 10 1A programs this year. To describe them as "Tomato Cans" is disrespectful to all three schools. 

Last I heard, equal respect isn't a pie. Giving some to others doesn't mean you get less.

In LC's losses this year their  defense has given up 
That's 42.25 points per game.
Yes to solid teams no doubt but is their defense good enough to keep Lloyd in check?
People on here have mentioned running clock and over in 1st half... so I'm assuming those folks are going with the Lex Cath fast pace offense that will produce the W. 
Time of possession in this game will be very interesting!

• Like 1