Marquette 74 Louisville 65

BoondockSaint

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mean you Boondock....

I know, I was just saying. Wasn't trying to be smart or anything. Back to the game, what do you all think about the charge called on t-will? That changed the entire momentum of the game. I couldn't tell for sure if James' feet were set but I personally thought it looked like a block. I didn't think the refs did a very good job as a whole throughout game. They seemed very inconsistent(I'm not saying it had anything to do with the loss).

Yes good call....T-Will was hunting shots as Pitino said in his post game.

All he had to do was come to a jump stop and dump it off to Sosa for a layup.

Inability to guard James when he was right in front of them in the 2-3 zone.

Penetration killed them as well.

Pitino on the post-game was making some excuses and saying people need to be positive and that great things are ahead.

Apparently all these UL diehards don't really care that much. No one has even made a final thread.rolleyes.gif

Wasn't near a computer, or I would have been in the update thread.

Louisville played OK, acceptable but not great basketball tonight. James got hot and won the game for Marquette, end of story.

I know, I was just saying. Wasn't trying to be smart or anything. Back to the game, what do you all think about the charge called on t-will? That changed the entire momentum of the game. I couldn't tell for sure if James' feet were set but I personally thought it looked like a block. I didn't think the refs did a very good job as a whole throughout game. They seemed very inconsistent(I'm not saying it had anything to do with the loss).

Looked like a good call to me on the replay. For what it's worth, the commentators said it was the right call. He should have passed the ball on the week for an uncontested layup anyhow, and it wouldn't be an issue.

Was watching "24" and flipping over to the game during commercials.

I saw the "Louisville Chompers" in the student section. That is quite possibly one of the most embarrassing acts I have seen attempted by a student section. Trying to make farting sounds with your armpits while imitating a chomp. Jay Bilas was cracking on them as well. Pure hilarity.

Wasn't near a computer, or I would have been in the update thread.

Louisville played OK, acceptable but not great basketball tonight. James got hot and won the game for Marquette, end of story.

End of story? There is a lot more to a basketball game than one guard getting hot. I didnt get to see the game, but theres a lot more going on than that.

End of story? There is a lot more to a basketball game than one guard getting hot. I didnt get to see the game, but theres a lot more going on than that.

Then how are you going to say 02 is wrong? :laugh:

Anyways, the Cards played reasonably good basketball tonight, minus the dismal 3-point shooting again, Marquette (mainly James) kept hitting big shot after big shot...David Padgett is the best player on our team right now, too bad he's our Center. Free throws are still missing, Caracter still isn't playing defense, ect., ect. On to Depaul...

Then how are you going to say 02 is wrong? :laugh:

Anyways, the Cards played reasonably good basketball tonight, minus the dismal 3-point shooting again, Marquette (mainly James) kept hitting big shot after big shot...David Padgett is the best player on our team right now, too bad he's our Center. Free throws are still missing, Caracter still isn't playing defense, ect., ect. On to Depaul...

:thumb:

James could not miss from deep for a stretch. Impressive 3 after impressive 3. He shot one over Padgett even, he just kept dropping it whenever he decided to.

:thumb:

James could not miss from deep for a stretch. Impressive 3 after impressive 3. He shot one over Padgett even, he just kept dropping it whenever he decided to.

He was feeling it...At least two of his three's were DEEP, and I didn't think had a prayer, but they dropped. What can you do?