Coach Kragthorpe will be an upgrade.

LSURock

Petrino was certainly a Top 5 coach but not until he had a few years at UofL under his belt. Tulsa had won 1 of their last 22 games when Kragthorpe took that job, then he leads them to an 8-5 season with a bowl game, then adds a conference championship 2 years later. Thats talent. Tulsa has been consistently in the top 25 in the nation in total offense, and look at the quality of players at Tulsa compared to UofL. I am very excited to see what Kragthorpe does here. I don't believe that it's an upgrade at this point either but I could very well see that being true in the long run. In Jurich I trust!

It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility...and I like Jurich's track record as well. Time will tell. Good luck to the Cards and Coach K...with the exception of one game...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And if they lose one or more games...it won't be an improvement.

How so? Are you saying that the Cards would have gone undefeated next year? Without Bush, Brohm and a pretty good senior class? The point of my thread wasn't that the Cards will be better next year (although they may be) but that their coaching situation has improved. I believe it has, I guess we will have to wait and see.

I know exactly what you meant to imply. If Louisville doesn't win the national championship next year then you will dig back through the archives, find this thread and point out how delusional UofL fans are.

I (and others) have pointed out that there are several ways that Louisville could improve without winning a national championship. Among those:

Beat UK by 50 or more consistantly

Play better on the road

Beat UK by 50 or more

Get better special teams play

Beat UK by 50 or more consistantly

Defend the long passing game better

And did I mention beat UK by 50 or more consistantly

:lol: Yea you see me doing that a lot don't you. You need to get over this us against UK mentality and how all UK fans' posts are shots at UL, its soooooooo played out.

How so? Are you saying that the Cards would have gone undefeated next year? Without Bush, Brohm and a pretty good senior class? The point of my thread wasn't that the Cards will be better next year (although they may be) but that their coaching situation has improved. I believe it has, I guess we will have to wait and see.

The title of the thread certainly was broad. Sorry if I took it the wrong way. It looks like Coach K could be a good fit, we'll see.

Back to back double digit win seasons would be an improvement. An undefeated road schedule would be an improvement or soundly defeating the Cats in Lexington would be an improvement. Moving past USC on the home winning streak list would be an improvement. Going undefeated in conference would be an improvement.

There are lots of things Kragthorpe can do to improve Louisville football in meaningful ways. He's already proven to be a big upgrade in the media department, where Petrino was starting to get a bad rap on a national level. And the players that have met with him seem to already have a better relationship with him than they did with Petrino.

Continuing to be a top 10 program without the repeated job flirtation by the head coach would be an upgrade.

The title of the thread certainly was broad. Sorry if I took it the wrong way. It looks like Coach K could be a good fit, we'll see.

Correct. I took the title of the thread to mean a coach who would make UL an even greater football power. If that was the meaning I do not think it is an upgrade for Louisville. After all, if any of us were asked a week ago to name the better coach between Petrino and Kragthorpe, who would have selected Kragthorpe? But, in terms of other issues (personable, constant flirtation with other programs/franchises), Kragthorpe may be the better choice.

Does anyone really think that if Kragthorpe has a couple of good years the woo'ing won't begin all over again for him? It's a bit of a double edged sword really, since UL still isn't a true destination program (that's not an insult, they're just not at that ultra-level yet), success will always send suitors to their door-step.

However, if the program back-slides to 8-4 every year than you can rest assured there will be no constant flirtation with other programs.

Like I said in another thread, or maybe this one (my "conversations" with LSU has me discombobulated on all things UofL), I truly hope UL stays at or near the top because I think it does drive UK to continue to try and improve their program at every level. Competition is healthy, and lately, we haven't provided much for the Black and Red of the 'Ville.

I wish Coach K all the luck in the world in filling those big shoes left behind.

I thinking it is interesting some of the comments UofL players have made in regards to the big difference between Coach K and Coach P on their approachability and or personality! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumb: Me too...Did you see what Adrian Grady said on the news last night? :lol:

Does anyone really think that if Kragthorpe has a couple of good years the woo'ing won't begin all over again for him? It's a bit of a double edged sword really, since UL still isn't a true destination program (that's not an insult, they're just not at that ultra-level yet), success will always send suitors to their door-step.

However, if the program back-slides to 8-4 every year than you can rest assured there will be no constant flirtation with other programs.

Like I said in another thread, or maybe this one (my "conversations" with LSU has me discombobulated on all things UofL), I truly hope UL stays at or near the top because I think it does drive UK to continue to try and improve their program at every level. Competition is healthy, and lately, we haven't provided much for the Black and Red of the 'Ville.

I wish Coach K all the luck in the world in filling those big shoes left behind.

You might have had a vakid point until I saw Coach Krag interact with his buddy Jurich. I think these guys love each other, no man I mean love. They both acted like they were relieved that Petrino finally cleared the way for this reunion to take place. I really think it is a "destination" for this guy. So I think if the guy wins he is here for the long haul. Besides the guy agreed to a 2 million dollar buyout. If he turns out to be worth that he will have done some pretty special things at UofL.

You might have had a vakid point until I saw Coach Krag interact with his buddy Jurich. I think these guys love each other, no man I mean love. They both acted like they were relieved that Petrino finally cleared the way for this reunion to take place. I really think it is a "destination" for this guy. So I think if the guy wins he is here for the long haul. Besides the guy agreed to a 2 million dollar buyout. If he turns out to be worth that he will have done some pretty special things at UofL.

That's a stretch. They weren't looking for Petrino to "finally clear the way for this reunion" a few short months ago.

That's a stretch. They weren't looking for Petrino to "finally clear the way for this reunion" a few short months ago.

Rumor has it that Jurich would have hired Kragthorpe instead of Petrino if Tulsa hadn't already. He was also dailing him up during the Petrino/LSU interview. These guys have had this in the works for some time and all the pieces have finally come together.

Rumor has it that Jurich would have hired Kragthorpe instead of Petrino if Tulsa hadn't already. He was also dailing him up during the Petrino/LSU interview. These guys have had this in the works for some time and all the pieces have finally come together.

Sounds good to me. I don't want Louisville to miss a beat.