Coach Kragthorpe will be an upgrade.

LSURock

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're pretty predicting a national title?

***EVERYONE NOTICE***

OriginalRookie is the one who brought National Championship talk into this discussion, so at no point had there better be anybody that says UL fans are predicting a N.C. birth. ;)

^Well from a national perspective that would be the only major "improvement."

:lol: Just don't want to get all that started. :thumb:

But I'll have to agree with others...There are several areas in which the Cardinals can improve and still not win a title...

So in a UK's fan's eyes the only improvement Louisville can make is a national championship?

Please explain that logic to me?

We could start beating UK regularly by 50 and that would be an improvement.

We could start playing consistently on the road and that would be an improvement.

IMVHO there are lots of ways that Louisville could improve without winning a national championship.

So UL just had a one loss year where they won a BCS Bowl game? The only improvement, logically, is a no loss year, which in most cases, will result in playing for the national title.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not a disgruntled UK fan and I would love to see UL in the Title game. But don't say they are going to improve over a one loss, BCS Bowl winning season, then immediately lambast anyone who says that means a title shot as a jealous UK fan. :rolleyes:

Excuse me if Im mistaken, but I believe in the history of the BCS there has been a team (or two) that has gone undefeated and has been left out of the title game...

I don't think that's the point. I took this upgrade thing as an on the field thing, sorry if that's not what it was meant to be about.

I don't think that's the point. I took this upgrade thing as an on the field thing, sorry if that's not what it was meant to be about.

I know what you mean...But you also have to see what we are saying...The Cards special teams was horrible at best at times this year, and their secondary wasn't anything to write home about...There are specific areas of the game that they could get better at, and those things may or may not necessarily mean a shot at the title.

So we have Doyel predicting a back-slide by the Men of 'Ville. Now we add LSURock, noted Louisvillian, predicting a step-up under the ex-Tulsa Headmaster. Hmm?

This should be fun to track....

Apples and oranges. Doyel's piece was written prior to Petrino's departure and was pure speculation of the obvious. Bush leaving....Duh!!! Brohm....Duh!!! Petrino leaving.... triple Duh!!!

When I read Doyel's article I thought he missed the Jurich angle. Since then Jurich has been Jurich again and made a great hire. I don't think UofL misses a beat. Sorry UK fans, but this isn't the crack you hoped it would be. :D

Sorry UK fans, but this isn't the crack you hoped it would be. :D

A. I don't speak for all UK fans.

B. The prospects of UL plummeting back down to Earth doesn't excite me, sorry to disappoint you. I'm fine as wine with them becoming a super-power in football. Their excellence should help UK to elevate their program.

C. We'll see. UL had the hottest College Coach in the country, were proud as punch about it, he bolts (finally), and instantly the next coach is an upgrade? Like I said, we'll see.

D. Tom Jurich's last major hire is back-sliding faster than Isaiah in NY. Two straight trips to the NIT...awesome. I'll let you guys canonize Jurich all you'd like, he absolutely has done a TON of good things in Louisville, but he's not perfect.

A. I don't speak for all UK fans.

B. The prospects of UL plummeting back down to Earth doesn't excite me, sorry to disappoint you. I'm fine as wine with them becoming a super-power in football. Their excellence should help UK to elevate their program.

C. We'll see. UL had the hottest College Coach in the country, were proud as punch about it, he bolts (finally), and instantly the next coach is an upgrade? Like I said, we'll see.

D. Tom Jurich's last major hire is back-sliding faster than Isaiah in NY. Two straight trips to the NIT...awesome. I'll let you guys canonize Jurich all you'd like, he absolutely has done a TON of good things in Louisville, but he's not perfect.

No Jurich isn't perfect, its not like he is Jeremy Foley or anything. He is just heads and shoulders above the AD down I64. I remember Mitch and the rest of the UK faithful ridiculing UofL for hiring Petrino with so little experience and so quickly. Meanwhile Mitch hired Brooks. Case closed.

FYI, in the greater scheme of things UofL basketball is better than when Pitino first arrived. The same certainly can't be said about Tubby.:D

I'm with you LSU, as the sun comes up for the 8th time since the Cards' magnificient BCS victory. I feel like I been like have been on a roller coater ride.

From the high of the bowl win to the low of losing both Petrino and Bush within a 24 hour period. Big losses that seemed to shake the foundation of the entire football program to the core.

However, five hours later at news conference, Jurich names Kragthorpe the new head coach, just as suddenly, we're back on top of the hill, situation in hand, optimism restored and momentum regained and exceeded.

Kind of like moving from Coach to 1st Class, you are both going to get there but one is going in style. Coach K feels like an upgrade to me.

No Jurich isn't perfect, its not like he is Jeremy Foley or anything. He is just heads and shoulders above the AD down I64. I remember Mitch and the rest of the UK faithful ridiculing UofL for hiring Petrino with so little experience and so quickly. Meanwhile Mitch hired Brooks. Case closed.

FYI, in the greater scheme of things UofL basketball is better than when Pitino first arrived. The same certainly can't be said about Tubby.:D

Predictable post. I didn't compare Jurich and Mitch, but I'm fine with his tenure as AD at UK. Petrino was a great hire, you need not be a Publicist to prove that point.

Bashing Tubby, wow, that's innovative. You're right, as usual, UL basketball is in great shape. Does that Kool-aid leave a mustache?

Measuring against trend, Kragthorpe has a lot to do to be considered an upgrade. He'll have his hands full living up to your expectations.