USA Today Poll 1/8/07

mobaar

Since Kentucky won the national championship in 1998, the University of Connecticut is 22-5 in NCAA tournament play with two national championships and two elite eight appareances.

Kentucky is 16-8 over that time, with three elite eight appearances. It looks like Connecticut's scheduling strategy is working well to me.

Im talking about THIS year... UConn's schedule is normally not this pathetic, particularly in the years they have excelled in the tournement.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indiana was also at a neutral site seeing as how it was not at Rupp and tickets were split evenly between the two schools, as they are every year. As far as UConn's schedule being on par with UK's, that's a joke. SOS for UK is #3 currently, UConn's is 244. UConn had played 10 games before they even left their state.

IU was at Rupp.

I didnt even catch that. I was so used to see that game being played in Louisville.

Too much difficulty in booking Freedom Hall. I personally like going to the actual sites for a rivalry game. The return visit to Bloomington is kind of cool.

IU was at Rupp.

Your right, it was.. Im used to it being in Indianapolis and Freedom Hall, however a scheduling conflict at FH this year didn't allow it to happen.

I still stand by the fact that tickets were split evenly and it was not part of UK's season ticket package, as I did not recieve a ticket. Most people will still consider that a home game for UK Im sure, however IU had their chance to fill Rupp for this one.

I can handle the fact that we arent in the top 25. Thats fine. I personally dont believe that we are a top 25 team yet. I do however think its rediculous that we are at 36, and behind Indiana. I think we are atleast between 25-31.

1. UNC (27)

2. Florida (2)

3. UCLA (2)

4. Wisconsin

5. Ohio State

6. Kansas

7. Pitt

8. Arizona

9. Texas A&M

10. OK St.

11. Duke

12. Butler

13. Alabama

14. Clemson

15. Air Force

16. Nevada

17. Oregon

18. LSU

19. Memphis

20. Tennessee

21. WVU

22. UConn

23. Washington State

24. Washington

25. Maryland

26. Notre Dame

27. Northern Iowa

28. Texas

29. UNLV

30. Georgetown

31. Missouri State

32. USC

33. Drexel

34. Arkansas

35. Indiana

36. Kentucky

37. Michigan State

38. Syracuse

39. New Mexico State

40. Fresno State

41. Marquette

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankingsindex

:banana: :banana:

Eleven straight wins is usually a good sign for the Tar Heels. This week, it's good enough to put North Carolina (14-1) atop the ESPN/USA Today coaches poll.

And it may mean better things down the road -- five of the last six Tar Heel teams to reel off at least 11 straight wins at some point during the season have later advanced to the Final Four.

North Carolina is the new top team thanks to UCLA's 68-66 loss at Oregon on Saturday. The Bruins (14-1) dropped to No. 3 after their first loss of the season. Florida (14-2) moved into the No. 2 spot. Wisconsin (15-1) stayed put at No. 4, and Ohio State (13-2) moved up to No. 5.

North Carolina was also No. 1 in the Associated Press poll.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2724258