USA Today Poll 1/8/07

mobaar

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right, it was.. Im used to it being in Indianapolis and Freedom Hall, however a scheduling conflict at FH this year didn't allow it to happen.

I still stand by the fact that tickets were split evenly and it was not part of UK's season ticket package, as I did not recieve a ticket. Most people will still consider that a home game for UK Im sure, however IU had their chance to fill Rupp for this one.

The tickets were not split evenly at this game. This was a UK home game.

The tickets were not split evenly at this game. This was a UK home game.

Tickets were on sale to the general public..Available to ANYONE, not just UK fans. Normally by the time season and student tickets are distributed there are none left for GA, and only a handful for the opposing teams fans/family of players, that was not the case for this game. There may have been more UK fans there, which would make it seem like a home game, but IU fans had the same opportunity to get them as UK fans did.

The main thing that wears me out about polls is when you have the same record as someone you've beaten and they're ranked above you. Other than that they're pretty good to argue about. I think it's a love hate relationship with UK keep us down as long as you can.

basically it goes like this.... they are looking at the fact that UK hasnt beaten a "BIG" opponent. Now honestly i think they deserve to be 23-25..... but not any higher.... Now IF they knock off Tennessee or if they reel off these next 7 then im sure they will be ranked. Now im not knocking UK for the record, just stating my opinion on why i think UK isnt ranked. But on a good note, them HEELS are ranked #1 UNC

I think it is a respect issue. Since they cant see everybody play, alot of voters go by who they feel are the best teams. UK is not getting that from voters across the countryeven though they have only 3 losses .Articles like the one in espn the magazine does not help either