Ever been a KY High School team that could have beaten present Huntington, WV High?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scooterbob - the Celtics would have had a hard time winning at Clay when they had the Farmers and Coach Keith.

I thought the game might be on a neutral floor. At Clay County, you are probably right. Bill Russell would have four fouls within four minutes.

Want to bet on that one.

Some of you guys love of OJ has blinded you to a few things - Discipline and Teamwork

HHS has little to 0 chemistry as does some the big name teams they play. Put a team that is close to them in talent, has chemistry and put them in a close game with this bunch and I'll take my chances with HHS losing because who is really coaching the team and it was very, very evident that OJ is going to make sure he is the SHOW after last nights game.

Some of your teams may have made outstanding grades in chemistry but they were not really close talentwise or in athleticism. No contest. But, then it is fun to debate the issue.

Since we are getting so far afield, so to speak, I'll submit a team. How about the aborted 2005-2006 Rose Hill team? It would have consisted of three of the HHS starters (Mayo, Williams, Taylor), Billy Walker, Jonathan VanHoose, Austin Blair, Austin Robinson, Alex Barker, Matt Thomas, JuJuan Brown, and the two Rose Hill super freshmen, Dakotah Euton and Chad Jackson.

Now, before the usual suspects take offense, remember we are merely "supposing".

Mayo, Williams, and Taylor would be equal to Mayo, Williams, and Taylor.

Walker would "handle" Patterson.

JuJuan Brown, Matt Thomas, and Jonathan VanHoose would surpass the contributions of Early and Senior.

And, we still have the others.

Who would coach this team? How about Rickyp assisted by Fastbreak, Gatorlover, shooterx3, and SMOKEANDMIRRORS?

Some of your teams may have made outstanding grades in chemistry but they were not really close talentwise or in athleticism. No contest. But, then it is fun to debate the issue.

Since we are getting so far afield, so to speak, I'll submit a team. How about the aborted 2005-2006 Rose Hill team? It would have consisted of three of the HHS starters (Mayo, Williams, Taylor), Billy Walker, Jonathan VanHoose, Austin Blair, Austin Robinson, Alex Barker, Matt Thomas, JuJuan Brown, and the two Rose Hill super freshmen, Dakotah Euton and Chad Jackson.

Now, before the usual suspects take offense, remember we are merely "supposing".

Mind boggling!!

Mayo, Williams, and Taylor would be equal to Mayo, Williams, and Taylor.

Walker would "handle" Patterson.

JuJuan Brown, Matt Thomas, and Jonathan VanHoose would surpass the contributions of Early and Senior.

And, we still have the others.

Who would coach this team? How about Rickyp assisted by Fastbreak, Gatorlover, shooterx3, and SMOKEANDMIRRORS?

When I read this post, I couldn't help but think about the old Saturday Night Live skit, where John Belushi is speculating how World War II would have turned out, if Superman had grown up in Germany, and fought for them ...

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/78/78jwhatif.phtml

Frances

I was very young but the 1973 Louisville Shawnee team. Wayne Golden,Ronnie Danieils, and others. I believe they had 4 or 5 D-1 players on that team. They played in the Russell Invitational tournament. Beat Davey Wooten and Phil Phratt by 10 I believe. Wurtland also gave them a pretty good game I also think they lost by 10. Mike Gillum, Tim Justice, Mike Sutton,(Nate's dad) Like I said I was very young but I know they won the stae that year also. Does anybody remember that team??

Ditto...I would hve liked to see Dicky Beal, Shloemer and the boys from the 1990 Holmes state runer up team take on this squad. The 90 team w/ Wimzie, Hayes, and Pouncy were very athletic and would have presented some match up problems for HHS...especially with Wimzie's physical presence down low.

Beal graduated in 1980, Schlomer and Wimzie both graduated in 1978!

If you could put the '78 and '90 teams together, you'd have a team that would definitely play with HHS.

I was very young but the 1973 Louisville Shawnee team. Wayne Golden,Ronnie Danieils, and others. I believe they had 4 or 5 D-1 players on that team. They played in the Russell Invitational tournament. Beat Davey Wooten and Phil Phratt by 10 I believe. Wurtland also gave them a pretty good game I also think they lost by 10. Mike Gillum, Tim Justice, Mike Sutton,(Nate's dad) Like I said I was very young but I know they won the stae that year also. Does anybody remember that team??

Yes. Saw them beat Holy Cross by one point because Joey Meier slipped on the floor on a wet spot near the bench after a timeout. He lost the ball and a chance to win the game.

One neat thing I remember about that team was that their coach ( a VERY big man), brought a huge living room easy chair into the gym to sit on while coaching the game. One of the funniest things I've ever seen!

The only teams that would have had a chance were the Male team with Bobby Turner and the Griffith guy and the Ballard team that Frances mentioned.

HHS would beat Clay Co and Paintsville by 30 and it's good to see that a member of JR Vanhoose's family is posting under the name JD if you please.

I could put together a pretty good group of hackers from Noon Ball from the Ashland YMCA. OJ wouldnt be able to walk after playing against Jerry Daily and Perry Dalton. Oh yeah and the Hornbuckle guy would light them up, OJ would probably get some attorneys from Dewey Cheetam and Howe and sue the Ashland Y.........