Open Job: McCracken County

bugatti

On 3/3/2022 at 11:15 AM, zoneblitz24 said:

That is an onion that has a lot of layers to it lol.

Football... sure. Let's also look at wrestling. PT became a really good wrestling school when the former McCracken coaches went to PT and took a lot of talent with them. Football gets a lot of the talk but a lot of those kids were/are wrestlers. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Socially Distanced said:

Corey was a great player. He is a fun dude to be around. However he would not be a person I would consider. Plus where does he work? (For that reason alone) He ain't leaving PTHS until the QB graduates.... 

He works for the Boat guy as his sons personal QB coach.

• Like 1

I've heard a few Western Kentucky names mentioned that have been interested in the position. Johnathan Smith is the front runner I believe. Success at PT and a in house hire. Brad Lawson has a better chance then Coby Lewis but all three have HC experience and been a part of the program. Steve Etheridge wouldn't be a surprise here. The Marshall County skipper put up great numbers when he was at McCracken the first time as OC. Without HC experience...Bobby Potts, the OC at Graves County. He has been there a while now and has put up some good numbers with the Eagles in multiple ways. Steven Hatchell from Mayfield has the most experienced and the success speaks for itself.  I think he is waiting on the Mayfield decision though. If he could build Joe's system at McCracken, could be fun... Coach Wallace from Paducah Tilghman would be a good guy to bring across.  He does a little bit of everything for the Tornadoes and kids seem to like him.  Jordan Burkeen, an OC at Calloway. They have been inconsistent, but does have college background and has had some good periods for the Lakers. Defensive Coordinator Dustin Lopez from HopTown, might just try switching with Coach Clark. Another inconsistent one but some good defenses for the Tigers. And of course, Corey Robinson. The dude was a much better player than coach, but his name carries weight.

15 hours ago, Cary Grant said:

Lewis is a great coach that did pretty good at a small school. If given a shot I think he would do great!!

100% Lewis very underrated coach who’s life is all about football. I think he would generate some excitement back into the program.

On 3/10/2022 at 4:19 PM, Socially Distanced said:

This is a fact and a huge problem for McCracken imo... 

The coach prior to Clark consolidated the middle school teams into one team. That automatically dropped numbers shortly after it happened. That along with the fact that little emphasis (in yesrs since) has been placed on getting numbers in feeder levels has resulted in the current state. One of the biggest schools in KY yet you have 15-20 seniors, that is crazy... 

They have done the same thing in the elementary school program. For years they had two teams in every grade and a lot of kids got playing time. Now they have one team per grade. A lot of kids don't get any playing time and just stand around on the sideline. I think it will hurt them going forward.

I would take Smith or Lawson over Lewis if I wanted to maximize potential at McCracken.  Lewis did nothing spectacular when he was handed the reigns at Trigg and he had one of the best athletes in the area the past 10 years in that Quarterback.  I'd take the successful coach (Smith) on my staff if I wanted to keep it in house; or I would look at one of the other guys I mentioned to start fresh.

• Like 1