Open Job: McCracken County

bugatti

I would think Steve Carter would be a great super to work for. He is a former football coach and does not try to coach from the sidelines. All other sports are winners? I think they will get a great coach that is a better fit this time!

12 hours ago, EagleRare20 said:

From talking to a player that goes to KWC it's going to take a lot of work to make that a desirable place to coach and/or play I believe. 

The biggest issue at the moment at McCracken County is they just do not have that many players, the roster was down to about 60 by the end of last year, with the last couple freshman classes being really lacking in number and just overall talent. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

The biggest issue at the moment at McCracken County is they just do not have that many players, the roster was down to about 60 by the end of last year, with the last couple freshman classes being really lacking in number and just overall talent. 

Would rather have 25 with 7-8 studs lol. They gotta get those numbers up. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, R1 sports fan said:

You don't think that number drop had anything to do when the booster took his kid and pretty much all of the kids in the class above and below him.  The numbers will increase again it will just take a couple of years to realize those numbers.

11 hours ago, WKY_Football said:

Would rather have 25 with 7-8 studs lol. They gotta get those numbers up. 

Don't know for sure but I doubt that 20-40 players left for Paducah Tilghman. More like 6-8 which may have been some potential starters at then and now.

32 minutes ago, Joe Tracy said:

Don't know for sure but I doubt that 20-40 players left for Paducah Tilghman. More like 6-8 which may have been some potential starters at then and now.

Then you do not know the whole story. 

2 hours ago, Joe Tracy said:

CoachHB, what is the story are actual numbers. I admit I don't know the whole story evidently.

In a nutshell when the big booster and some other influential people in the McCracken Athletics did not get their way they went to Paducah Tillghman and used their sphere of influence to basically get the majority of the athletes in those two classes to move with them.  when this happened it caused a vacuum for McCracken Football in those two classes.  Therefore, numbers are down right now but I am sure there will be a rebound starting in the next class.  However, on a side note it does not really matter how big your numbers are if you are not getting the best athletes in the county.

4. No recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No comments about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact Kentucky High School Athletic Association | KHSAA – Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

Rule 12 reads in part:

To summarize, you are not permitted to comment on the administration (the process or activity of running of BGP in any manner) on the forum (BGP). If you have a concern, question, complaint, or any constructive criticism, we request you send an email to theguru at theguru@fuse.net and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the issue.

9 hours ago, Big Fletch said:

You don't think that number drop had anything to do when the booster took his kid and pretty much all of the kids in the class above and below him.  The numbers will increase again it will just take a couple of years to realize those numbers.

The numbers were down every year, not just last year, McCracken didn’t even have a freshman team for the last 3 years, it was freshman and sophomore’s, at a 6a school that just isn’t good enough. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, R1 sports fan said:

The numbers were down every year, not just last year, McCracken didn’t even have a freshman team for the last 3 years, it was freshman and sophomore’s, at a 6a school that just isn’t good enough. 

Don't know much about the situation but I believe No school in the WKAC played Thursday night games bc of Covid (close contact tracing) the schools agree to only playing 2 games a week, not 3.