Open Job: McCracken County

bugatti

On 2/23/2022 at 9:30 AM, zoneblitz24 said:

Who does McCracken try to target for this job?  There are some local coaches in the area with head coaching experience and that have been successful.  A few names that come to mind are Johnathan Smith, Lance Gregory, and Mike Rogers.  Or do they try to land their unicorn in Joe Morris?  A few years ago some people will say Coach Morris was close to taking this job before Clark was hired.  Lets get the pot stirred up on this one.  I believe this is an important hire for McCracken with Henderson getting stabilized under Coach Boston, Coach Edge at Apollo is turning that program around, Daviess County should regress with losing the QB but are looking like a program that is building towards consistency, and now the consolidation of Hoptown and Christian could make McCracken be the 3rd or 4th best team in the district if the right hire isn't made. 

Joe Morris is not going to McCracken.

12 hours ago, Tracy House said:

Joe Morris is not going to McCracken.

Never said he was that why I referred to him as a unicorn lol.  I believe they call him because why wouldn't you but unless an unreal amount of money was put on the table I think there is no way Coach Morris entertains this job unless it like it was last time where he used it to leverage Mayfield to give him more money lol.

2 hours ago, R1 sports fan said:

I would be stunned if Lewis got it, his Trigg teams were always real underachievers.

Was Smith formerly at Paducah Tilghman, if I'm thinking right, he did well for couple seasons there and turned them around a lot.

3 minutes ago, Joe Tracy said:

Was Smith formerly at Paducah Tilghman, if I'm thinking right, he did well for couple seasons there and turned them around a lot.

Smith is a great coach I believe he also got on the bad side of the barge man.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, R1 sports fan said:

I would be stunned if Lewis got it, his Trigg teams were always real underachievers.

Looks like Trigg has really improved since he left?  Won 3 in 2020 and 4 in 2021.  

Both are solid coaches!

I am sure there will be several to apply for this position!

3 hours ago, Joe Tracy said:

Smith did a good job at PT, before Smith was there PT had a couple of down years with some really talented teams, and PT immediately got better.  The optics don't look great because of they success they has this year, but i certainly would approve of Smith as the next coach. 

On 2/23/2022 at 10:53 AM, R1 sports fan said:

That would absolutely be the worst decision, Corey single-handedly turned the middle school program from a good program, to an absolute disgrace, Corey has done nothing to earn the McCracken job and I couldn’t imagine a worse person for the job.

Corey was a great player. He is a fun dude to be around. However he would not be a person I would consider. Plus where does he work? (For that reason alone) He ain't leaving PTHS until the QB graduates.... 

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2022 at 8:01 PM, R1 sports fan said:

The biggest issue at the moment at McCracken County is they just do not have that many players, the roster was down to about 60 by the end of last year, with the last couple freshman classes being really lacking in number and just overall talent. 

This is a fact and a huge problem for McCracken imo... 

The coach prior to Clark consolidated the middle school teams into one team. That automatically dropped numbers shortly after it happened. That along with the fact that little emphasis (in yesrs since) has been placed on getting numbers in feeder levels has resulted in the current state. One of the biggest schools in KY yet you have 15-20 seniors, that is crazy... 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 7:07 PM, Category_F5 said:

Majority of those kids that left for Tilghman was Tilghman kids that had been recruited to mccracken except for about 8 like Joe said. And majority of mccracken’s talent have been city kids that was either recruited or parents didn’t like the city coach and there child out there. 

Very true to a point. McCracken and LO before them usually had very good OL and DL size. That didnt come from the city. That was developed over years thanks to Haskins and his crew. McCracken has not had a lot of depth in those areas in several years.