Open Job: McCracken County

bugatti

When you go meet in another city for a job after a 2-11 season, people are not gonna be happy. He knew his time was ticking.

Hes gonna take the Hoptown or Christian job for this year as no one wants those jobs since the schools will consolidate after the season. He’ll either stay on as an assistant or find another job. This is his stop gap as they won’t hire him as the consolidated coach.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Tracy said:

He may have done as good a job possible with players he had. I've watched football in Western Kentucky for 75 years. He just never seemed to have the game at McCracken County under control and moving forward. 

If you really have been watching football in WKY for 75 years you’re my new hero. 

• Like 6

Who does McCracken try to target for this job?  There are some local coaches in the area with head coaching experience and that have been successful.  A few names that come to mind are Johnathan Smith, Lance Gregory, and Mike Rogers.  Or do they try to land their unicorn in Joe Morris?  A few years ago some people will say Coach Morris was close to taking this job before Clark was hired.  Lets get the pot stirred up on this one.  I believe this is an important hire for McCracken with Henderson getting stabilized under Coach Boston, Coach Edge at Apollo is turning that program around, Daviess County should regress with losing the QB but are looking like a program that is building towards consistency, and now the consolidation of Hoptown and Christian could make McCracken be the 3rd or 4th best team in the district if the right hire isn't made. 

8 minutes ago, Bud_Kilmer said:

No local names stand out to me. No way Morris takes this. They might possibly hire from within. If not I don’t expect it to be western ky guy.

Is hiring from within not a Western KY guy?  Only people on staff who you can say would be considered would be Smith or

46 minutes ago, Big Fletch said:

I think they have to look at the young Robinson kid because he may be able to bring back the kids that left for Paducah when Coach Clark would not guarantee to start the QB1 at Paducah when his father demanded it.  

That would absolutely be the worst decision, Corey single-handedly turned the middle school program from a good program, to an absolute disgrace, Corey has done nothing to earn the McCracken job and I couldn’t imagine a worse person for the job.

• Like 1