Jump to content

Oklahoma State 37 Notre Dame 35 (Fiesta Bowl)


Recommended Posts

Notre Dame was up 28 to 7 with 2 minutes to go before half. After that it was basically all Oklahoma State. 
 

Marcus Freeman probably should have still called the defense for this game. However, I know with him being the head coach now, he probably wanted to go ahead and just focus on head coach duties now. The defense really struggled today without him calling the plays. 
 

I think under him the defense will end up being fine. The biggest thing he needs to do is to find a top QB. That is one of the biggest things always holding Notre Dame back from the top teams, and that is not having a true elite QB. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • futurecoach changed the title to Oklahoma State 37 Notre Dame 35 (Fiesta Bowl)

I have a great friend that has went through unimaginable tragedy the past year and a half. He is 100% an OSU guy. I was yelling and screaming for OSU at the end just for him! Go Pokes!!!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

One question and one observation:

Q:  Is Mayer eligible to go pro now, or does he still have to wait 1 more season.  If he can jump now, do it.  Dude is set to earn some serious money in the pros.

O:  I d not think I have ever seen a team set up in the Victory Formation and take the snap in the shotgun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Raven said:

One question and one observation:

Q:  Is Mayer eligible to go pro now, or does he still have to wait 1 more season.  If he can jump now, do it.  Dude is set to earn some serious money in the pros.

O:  I d not think I have ever seen a team set up in the Victory Formation and take the snap in the shotgun.

They never practice under center snaps in some programs. Mayer is a true sophomore. One more year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, The Raven said:

One question and one observation:

Q:  Is Mayer eligible to go pro now, or does he still have to wait 1 more season.  If he can jump now, do it.  Dude is set to earn some serious money in the pros.

O:  I d not think I have ever seen a team set up in the Victory Formation and take the snap in the shotgun.

I agree, Mayer is ready.  

I think in a case like this Mayer should be able to negotiate a huge playing bonus for next year including some mega insurance in case of injury. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Norte Dame blew this one to say in the least. I know it’s only one game under Freeman, does this add any more opinions of what’s to come for the Irish? Outside of the playoff teams, Norte Dame may have been playing its best football prior to bowl games beginning. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hrcarrier said:

Norte Dame blew this one to say in the least. I know it’s only one game under Freeman, does this add any more opinions of what’s to come for the Irish? Outside of the playoff teams, Norte Dame may have been playing its best football prior to bowl games beginning. 

I think the only thing it says is that maybe he should still call the defense. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Marcus Freeman the defensive guru, blowing a 21 point lead, ya hate to see it.

He may want to decide to still be the one calling the defense even though he is the head coach now. He did not call the defense in the game today. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, futurecoach said:

I think the only thing it says is that maybe he should still call the defense. 

Do you think he was divorced from the defensive play calling? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, futurecoach said:

He may want to decide to still be the one calling the defense even though he is the head coach now. He did not call the defense in the game today. 

I guess you answered my question here but I still wonder if he purposely stayed away from the defense to set an example of how he will operate as a head coach. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, theguru said:

I guess you answered my question here but I still wonder if he purposely stayed away from the defense to set an example of how he will operate as a head coach. 

I do think he wanted to focus on just being a head coach and see how it goes with all that is required for the head coach and also being on the headset with the offense.
 

With that said now after seeing how bad the defense was without him calling the defense. It may get him to think about still calling the defense himself next year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.