College Football Playoff: Top 25 (11/02/21)

16thBBall Fan

1 minute ago, theguru said:

So in this thread to my question, No, Yes, No, confused...

This is the first version of the ranking that matters, correct?

Yes, version one. There are six more with the last one (which will tell you the four teams officially in the playoff) released on the first Sunday in December.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Yes, version one. There are six more with the last one (which will tell you the four teams officially in the playoff) released on the first Sunday in December.

Thanks and I am with Deuce, UC is not getting in.

5 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

The committee is crushing UC over the last two games and pretending Alabama is undefeated.

Yep. And as we all know, polls are an ebb and flowing exercise of “what have you done for me lately.” If you are having to build a case on what you did in the first few weeks vs the final few weeks, you’re going to be left out of the mix.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Has a non power 5 team ever been ranked #6 or higher in the first committee ranking?

The worst part of this ranking for UC is neither SMU nor Houston are in the top 25.

Nope. UC is the highest ranked non-P5 ever.

• Thanks 1

Cincinnati isn't completely out, yet.   But that said they will need a LOT of help.

1)Notre Dame needs to win out, and convincingly.

2) Georgia needs to win out and beat Alabama in the SEC championship (assuming Bama doesn't stumble along the way.

3) Oregon needs to lose at least 1 more game (of all the things that need to happen, this one seems most likely)

4) Ohio State or Michigan State needs to win the November 20 matchup, rather handily.

All that, plus UC needs to keep winning.  And winning big.   No more down to the wire battles with the likes of Navy and Tulane.

16 minutes ago, The Raven said:

Cincinnati isn't completely out, yet.   But that said they will need a LOT of help.

1)Notre Dame needs to win out, and convincingly.

2) Georgia needs to win out and beat Alabama in the SEC championship (assuming Bama doesn't stumble along the way.

3) Oregon needs to lose at least 1 more game (of all the things that need to happen, this one seems most likely)

4) Ohio State or Michigan State needs to win the November 20 matchup, rather handily.

All that, plus UC needs to keep winning.  And winning big.   No more down to the wire battles with the likes of Navy and Tulane.

You are more informed than me but as I sit here I am thinking about it the key for UC (other than winning out convincingly) will be for Georgia to put it on Alabama and knock them out. 

The worst thing that could happen in the Big 10 (and a great thing for UC) would be for OSU to beat MSU Nov 20 and then, OSU go up to the Big House a week later and lay an egg.  Not likely but possible.

If that scenario were to happen with a Bama loss in the SEC championship and/or an Oregon loss, UC's odds suddenly look much better.

UC is not out of this at all. I'll be shocked if UGA doesn't beat Bama, then either OSU or Michigan State is going to lose. Then for just to be extra safe Oregon will probably lose.

As of this moment I think it will be...

1. UGA

2. B1G Champ

3. Cincy

4. Toss up.

If Bama were to beat UGA and win out.

1. Bama

2. B1G Champ

3. UGA

4. Cincy...but could get screwed in favor of Oregon or Oklahoma if either wins out.

5 hours ago, John Anthony said:

The committee is crushing UC over the last two games and pretending Alabama is undefeated.

It is what it is... they care more about what UC did their past two games than what they've done as a whole. They aren't going to bring up common opponents. That doesn't support their agenda.

Michigan State 20 Indiana 15 (without Penix and DJ Matthews)

Cincinnati 38 Indiana 24 (IU at full strength)

Oklahoma 40 Tulane 35 (no mention of this)

Cincinnati 31 Tulane 12 (Cincy didn't win by enough)

Oregon loses to a 3-5 Stanford team but gets credit for winning at Ohio State.

OSU has a SOR at #14 compared to #6 for UC...yet they are also ranked ahead of them.

I expected UC to be at #4 or #5....#6 is just flat out disrespectful to what they have done this year. A committee of people with personal bias and affiliations should not be deciding these rankings. It should be up to the media and coaches who are actually watching games every week. 

Also no 1 loss SMU or Houston in the rankings yet 2 loss Fresno State gets put in to prop up Oregon's resume.

5 weeks left...all UC can do is continue to win and hope that enough teams stumble along the way that the committee has no choice but to put them in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Walter said:

Games to watch this week end:

#9 Wake Forest at North Carolina

#3 Michigan State at Purdue

#4 Oregon at Washington

I think one of those three top 10 teams lose on the road. 

Is there a website like calpreps.com that tracks college football using computer formulas and providing strength of schedule?

40 minutes ago, Walter said:

It is what it is... they care more about what UC did their past two games than what they've done as a whole. They aren't going to bring up common opponents. That doesn't support their agenda.

Michigan State 20 Indiana 15 (without Penix and DJ Matthews)

Cincinnati 38 Indiana 24 (IU at full strength)

Oklahoma 40 Tulane 35 (no mention of this)

Cincinnati 31 Tulane 12 (Cincy didn't win by enough)

Oregon loses to a 3-5 Stanford team but gets credit for winning at Ohio State.

OSU has a SOR at #14 compared to #6 for UC...yet they are also ranked ahead of them.

I expected UC to be at #4 or #5....#6 is just flat out disrespectful to what they have done this year. A committee of people with personal bias and affiliations should not be deciding these rankings. It should be up to the media and coaches who are actually watching games every week. 

Also no 1 loss SMU or Houston in the rankings yet 2 loss Fresno State gets put in to prop up Oregon's resume.

5 weeks left...all UC can do is continue to win and hope that enough teams stumble along the way that the committee has no choice but to put them in.

On a neutral field, of the teams in front of UC, who do you believe they would beat?