Packers at Bengals Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Going to need all hands on deck to take down the Packers.  I think Higgins is supposed to be back, but not sure on Mixon.  Bates is an absolute necessity on defense, and getting Awuzie back will help as well.

If all weapons are available, I think the Bengals can score on the Packers.  The question may be can the defense slow down Aaron Rodgers any.  It's much improved over previous years, but this will be their most difficult challenge so far this year.  

12 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Packers are dealing with quite a few injuries themselves.  Missing their star LB and several injuries in their secondary.

When you tell me that #12 and #17 aren't playing, I'll feel better.  Go ahead and throw #33 in there as well. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Going to need all hands on deck to take down the Packers.  I think Higgins is supposed to be back, but not sure on Mixon.  Bates is an absolute necessity on defense, and getting Awuzie back will help as well.

If all weapons are available, I think the Bengals can score on the Packers.  The question may be can the defense slow down Aaron Rodgers any.  It's much improved over previous years, but this will be their most difficult challenge so far this year.  

If Mixon is out, but his absence actually concerns me the least of anyone mentioned in your post. I think Perrine (sp?) runs just as hard and gives you the added element of pass protection from your RB. If anything, Mixon's absence may make the Bengals open the passing game a bit more which will only improve them, IMO. 

2 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

If Mixon is out, but his absence actually concerns me the least of anyone mentioned in your post. I think Perrine (sp?) runs just as hard and gives you the added element of pass protection from your RB. If anything, Mixon's absence may make the Bengals open the passing game a bit more which will only improve them, IMO. 

I guess we'll see.  The way I look at it, is I don't know if the Bengals will call the same (quantity and/or type of) run plays with Perrine in there, as compared to Mixon.  And while yes, you and I may think that opening the passing game more is a good thing...it also means the Packers will be playing the passing game more.  The thing that was frustrating last week, was that we tried to force the run, when the run wasn't there in the first half.  I don't want Burrow to force the pass, when it's not there.  Need to make the defense respect both the pass and the run, in my opinion.  I'll be shocked if Perrine gets 18-20 rushes, but maybe we'll see more screen and swing passes to compensate.  But I'd really like to see us make the Packers pay for going to a dime defense.

4 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

When you tell me that #12 and #17 aren't playing, I'll feel better.  Go ahead and throw #33 in there as well. 😁

Yeah no kidding haha!  But I was trying to help show that the Bengals should be able to score since they're missing guys on D.

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

I guess we'll see.  The way I look at it, is I don't know if the Bengals will call the same (quantity and/or type of) run plays with Perrine in there, as compared to Mixon.  And while yes, you and I may think that opening the passing game more is a good thing...it also means the Packers will be playing the passing game more.  The thing that was frustrating last week, was that we tried to force the run, when the run wasn't there in the first half.  I don't want Burrow to force the pass, when it's not there.  Need to make the defense respect both the pass and the run, in my opinion.  I'll be shocked if Perrine gets 18-20 rushes, but maybe we'll see more screen and swing passes to compensate.  But I'd really like to see us make the Packers pay for going to a dime defense.

I saw someone else mentioning forcing the run in the first half, or maybe it was you. However, how did the Bengals force the run in the first half? The Bengals only handed the ball off 5 times in the first half. Only one drive did they even run the ball twice. Every other drive in the first half  they ran the ball only once in those drives. So I’m not sure where the forced the run In the first half narrative came from. If anything they kind of went away from the run in the first half, as compared to previous games. They passed the ball 14 times in the first half and only ran it five times. Well seven times if you count the two quarterback sneaks at the end of the first half. 

In the second half they ran the ball much more and was close to 50/50 run pass split in the second half. The second half was more balanced, when the first half was pass heavy.