Packers at Bengals Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

I saw someone else mentioning forcing the run in the first half, or maybe it was you. However, how did the Bengals force the run in the first half? The Bengals only handed the ball off 5 times in the first half. Only one drive did they even run the ball twice. Every other drive in the first half  they ran the ball only once in those drives. So I’m not sure where the forced the run In the first half narrative came from. If anything they kind of went away from the run in the first half, as compared to previous games. They passed the ball 14 times in the first half and only ran it five times. Well seven times if you count the two quarterback sneaks at the end of the first half. 

In the second half they ran the ball much more and was close to 50/50 run pass split in the second half. The second half was more balanced, when the first half was pass heavy. 

Since you've obviously got access to the play by play, I'll take your word for it.  It was just my impression, even if they did only run it 5 times.  (Curious, how many yards did they net?) It seemed like they were attempts straight up the gut for very little gain (2 yards or less).  The ones in the second half that hit bigger, seemed (at least to me) to be on the outside.  Maybe I'm wrong on that, too.

Look, I'm a big proponent of making the opposition defend the entire field.  And that's not just vertically, with the passing game, but also sideline to sideline with the running attack.  We'll see how the Bengals, let alone the Packers, feel about having Perine as the featured back.  Or, like VOR stated, maybe we'll see Evans a little more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Since you've obviously got access to the play by play, I'll take your word for it.  It was just my impression, even if they did only run it 5 times.  (Curious, how many yards did they net?) It seemed like they were attempts straight up the gut for very little gain (2 yards or less).  The ones in the second half that hit bigger, seemed (at least to me) to be on the outside.  Maybe I'm wrong on that, too.

Look, I'm a big proponent of making the opposition defend the entire field.  And that's not just vertically, with the passing game, but also sideline to sideline with the running attack.  We'll see how the Bengals, let alone the Packers, feel about having Perine as the featured back.  Or, like VOR stated, maybe we'll see Evans a little more.

Honestly I just remembered being at the game and the first series when they drove down and missed the field goal. They literally only ran the ball once the whole drive, because I kept think how I liked how they came out passing. I think the play that probably made it seem like they were trying to force the run a lot. Was when they decided on 2nd and 16 to run the ball for some reason. Which you are correct the couple of times they did run in the first half, they were not very successful.