Bengals 24 Jaguars 21

8 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

From an ESPN Staff Writer:

"The Jacksonville Jaguars' latest loss clearly impacted head coach Urban Meyer more than the first three. He didn't even try to hide his frustration.

His eyes were red, and he looked physically and emotionally drained in his postgame news conference. At one point he slammed his hand down on the podium to emphasize that the Jaguars didn't turn the ball over on offense for the first time this season and still lost."

Is this the first glimpse into Urban's health failing and the cure only being found in the lovely weather of southern California? 

@John Anthony , you're usually all over this kind of stuff. What do you think?

Rick Pitino 2.0.

On 10/1/2021 at 2:51 PM, Voice of Reason said:

McPherson is the best Bengals kicker since ______________?

Ehhh...it's only been 4 games, so not ready to proclaim him the best of anything just yet.  The kid's got a canon for a leg, though, so the potential for him to be the "best" is certainly there.

Graham is probably at the top, isn't he?  Bullock and Nugent probably a notch down from him.  Pelfry and Breech below them.  Breech probably with the weakest leg of them all, but made the kicks in the biggest games.  I'm sure I'm missing someone.

1 minute ago, CincySportsFan said:

Ehhh...it's only been 4 games, so not ready to proclaim him the best of anything just yet.  The kid's got a canon for a leg, though, so the potential for him to be the "best" is certainly there.

Graham is probably at the top, isn't he?  Bullock and Nugent probably a notch down from him.  Pelfry and Breech below them.  Breech probably with the weakest leg of them all, but made the kicks in the biggest games.  I'm sure I'm missing someone.

Breech is a clear number 1. Graham probably 2 and I would go with Pelfrey at 3.

Bullock might not even be in the top ten.

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

It was incredible how long they let him hang around. I'm just glad he's moved on to missing big kicks for another franchise now. 

Overall the experience at the game was great.  I have two complaints, one minor, and one tweaked me.  The PA was so loud it was deafening at times, I never remember it being that loud.  And I was very disappointed that they failed/refused to show replays on some close calls. It reminded me of the KHSAA where they won't show any controversial replays.  I am not a fan of it with the KHSAA and with the NFL I think it is complete, hot garbage.  

1 minute ago, theguru said:

Overall the experience at the game was great.  I have two complaints, one minor, and one tweaked me.  The PA was so loud it was deafening at times, I never remember it being that loud.  And I was very disappointed that they failed/refused to show replays on some close calls. It reminded me of the KHSAA where they won't show any controversial replays.  I am not a fan of it with the KHSAA and with the NFL I think it is complete, hot garbage.  

I hate it when the PA is too loud.  I remember going to a a Crosstown Kickoff game maybe 10 years ago at Nippert Stadium. They had the PA and music playing so loud you couldn't even talk with the person sitting next to you. Might be the worst game experience I've ever had at a football game.

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

I hate it when the PA is too loud.  I remember going to a a Crosstown Kickoff game maybe 10 years ago at Nippert Stadium. They had the PA and music playing so loud you couldn't even talk with the person sitting next to you. Might be the worst game experience I've ever had at a football game.

I would have lowered it about 10 to 15 decibels and it wasn't too big of a deal but the lack of replays!!

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

1 hour ago, CincySportsFan said:

No way I can go with Graham at one. I know  many hated on Bullock, however Bullock was similar to Graham. Was very consistent for much of the game inside 50. However, in big kick situations Graham much like Bullock struggled. 

I still remember two games specifically of Graham missing easy kicks in big moment. In 2006 at the end of the game against Pittsburgh the last game of the year , Graham missed an easy field goal on the last play that would have put the Bengals on the playoffs. 

Then Graham in the 2009 playoffs against the Jets killed any chance the Bengals had. He missed two easy field goals including a 27 yarder that would have made it a one score game in the 4th quarter. 

So I would agree with Breech at one and honestly I may put Pelfrey at two. The bengals were so bad his years, so he probably didn’t have many chances to miss big kicks though lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, futurecoach said:

No way I can go with Graham at one. I know  many hated on Bullock, however Bullock was similar to Graham. Was very consistent for much of the game inside 50. However, in big kick situations Graham much like Bullock struggled. 

I still remember two games specifically of Graham missing easy kicks in big moment. In 2006 at the end of the game against Pittsburgh the last game of the year , Graham missed an easy field goal on the last play that would have put the Bengals on the playoffs. 

Then Graham in the 2009 playoffs against the Jets killed any chance the Bengals had. He missed two easy field goals including a 27 yarder that would have made it a one score game in the 4th quarter. 

So I would agree with Breech at one and honestly I may put Pelfrey at two. The bengals were so bad his years, so he probably didn’t have many chances to miss big kicks though lol

No love for Horst Muhlmann?  I'm showing my age.

• Like 2