2021 COVID-19 Cancellations/Reschedules

On 8/2/2021 at 5:30 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Incidence rates by county as of today, Aug 2nd.

E70K2lLWYAob-gu.jpg

Am I right in saying that Boone county is orange (accelerated) because we have between 10-25 case per 100,000 people? So 100 cases out of 100,000 would be 1% right. So to be orange then 0.25% of the population needs to test positive.

Am I overthinking it?

25 people under the age of 18 have died from covid in the state of Kentucky. 19 of them were already terminally ill or had a serious comorbidity. 80% of all covid deaths in the US have been people over 65. 95% of all covid deaths in the US have been people over 50. Vaccinated people are still getting infected and carry the same amount of spreadable virus in their nostrils as an unvaccinated person. We have to let these kids play, or we’re going to have 3rd year seniors in ‘22. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

So if I’m reading this right the death rate is as low as it’s ever been since this mess began.

Yes, may tick up some as cases rise but with majority of older population vaccinated, I would be surprised if gets back to pre vaccine levels.

16 hours ago, theguru said:

And some schools are "shutting down," madness... 

Also, another point I came across is that off the 900 crossover/breakthrough cases in the smaller Massachusetts town only 7 of those 900 were hospitalized and none of those 7 were in serious condition. 

Just now, 16thBBall Fan said:

Also, another point I came across is that off the 900 crossover cases in the smaller Massachusetts town only 7 of those 900 were hospitalized and none of those 7 were in serious condition. 

Breakthrough cases?

And right, anyone dying after getting the vaccine is extremely rare, time to get on with life period. 

• Like 1