Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2021 COVID-19 Cancellations/Reschedules

Featured Replies

  • Author

CANCELLED: Henry County at Carroll County
- Carroll County in COVID protocol.
- Henry County is OPEN.

CANCELLED: Fairview at Pineville
- Fairview in COVID protocol.
- Pineville is OPEN.

  • Replies 281
  • Views 35.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Live look at @Colonels_Wear_Bluetrying to keep up with the schedule changes.

  • I think this is awesome. Coaches who just want their kids to play. Could've easily just started prepping for next week but going to go in blind so their kids can play. I love to see it 

  • And some schools are "shutting down," madness... 

Posted Images

  • Author
On 8/20/2021 at 1:32 PM, gchs_uk9 said:

Got a question from a coaching friend today: if a team has to cancel on a Friday but their players are out of quarantine by Monday, could they push the Friday game to Monday and still play the next Friday? Effectively I’m asking can you play on Monday and Friday of the same week?

On 8/20/2021 at 1:34 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I feel like I remembering one of the KHSAA special sessions on YouTube last year and hearing Commissioner Tackett say something specific about the idea of playing games on Monday....I can't remember if he was saying it would be okay or it wouldn't be, though.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:47 PM, barrel said:

By rule I believe you can. No player is allowed to play more than 8 quarters in a week. Typically Saturday through Friday. OT counts as an extension of the 4th quarter. Now from a game prep position I’m not sure many teams would want to do that. 

On 8/20/2021 at 2:14 PM, gchs_uk9 said:

The only Monday game I can remember in the last twenty years was, I believe, Ashland/Sheldon Clark in 2001. It was canceled the week of 9/11 and rescheduled. Might be someone on here who can confirm/clarify that a bit more. 

On 8/20/2021 at 3:02 PM, HedgeHog8 said:

I'm going to say, with 95% certainty, that you cannot play 2 varsity contests in a single week, regardless of the limitation of quarters. We had a rain out last year and won the game because we could not reschedule (for the next night nor for an open week) with the opponent. We suggested finishing on Monday but both teams were told that we couldn't play varsity twice in the same week. Thus, we won. 

Per the KHSAA scoreboard, it looks like Monday games are a thing. Owen County hosted Nicholas County last night.

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb21/?id=85734

  • Author

CANCELLED: Switzerland County (IN) at Gallatin County
- Switzerland County (IN) in COVID protocol.
- Gallatin County in COVID protocol.

Dayton Vs Pendleton rescheduled for Saturday. 

  • Author
On 8/23/2021 at 4:51 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

CANCELLED: Adair County at Campbellsville
- Campbellsville in COVID protocol.
- Adair County is OPEN.

CANCELLED: Grayson County at Barren County
- Grayson County in COVID protocol.
- Barren County will now host Adair County, Fri, Aug 27. (Trojan Turf War)

  • Author
On 8/24/2021 at 11:40 AM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

CANCELLED: Henry County at Carroll County
- Carroll County in COVID protocol.
- Henry County is OPEN.


CANCELLED: Louisville Holy Cross at Iroquois
- Iroquois in COVID protocol.
- Louisville Holy Cross will now play at Henry County Fri, Aug 27.

CANCELLED: Christian Academy Louisville at North Bullitt
- North Bullitt in COVID protocol.
- Christian Academy Louisville is OPEN.

CANCELLED: Johnson Central at Lexington Catholic
- Johnson Central in COVID protocol.
- Lexington Catholic is OPEN.

  • Author

CANCELLED: Jackson County at Knott County Central
- Jackson County in COVID protocol.
- Knott County Central is OPEN.

CANCELLED: North Laurel at Marion County
- Marion County in COVID protocol.
- North Laurel is OPEN.

CANCELLED: Pulaski County at Wayne County
- Wayne County in COVID protocol.
- Pulaski County is OPEN.

On 8/20/2021 at 2:14 PM, gchs_uk9 said:

The only Monday game I can remember in the last twenty years was, I believe, Ashland/Sheldon Clark in 2001. It was canceled the week of 9/11 and rescheduled. Might be someone on here who can confirm/clarify that a bit more. 

I remember Wayne County/North Laurel was pushed to Monday in 2014 due to weather. Saturday bowl game that was stopped in the first or second quarter and they were going to play Sunday but it was still storming and they finished the game up on Monday 9/1 with North coming out on top 23-21. Wayne went on to play Garrard Co that following Friday 9/5, and North played Knox Central on that Saturday 9/6. 
As a senior at Wayne that year, I can say that was a crazy weekend traveling to North Laurel on Saturday to play a quarter of football, then sitting in the locker room Sunday morning about to load the bus just to be told it got pushed back another day, then finally getting to finish the game on Monday. Then a real short week till Friday night. Fun times.

1 minute ago, WCardinal said:

I remember Wayne County/North Laurel was pushed to Monday in 2014 due to weather. Saturday bowl game that was stopped in the first or second quarter and they were going to play Sunday but it was still storming and they finished the game up on Monday 9/1 with North coming out on top 23-21. Wayne went on to play Garrard Co that following Friday 9/5, and North played Knox Central on that Saturday 9/6. 
As a senior at Wayne that year, I can say that was a crazy weekend traveling to North Laurel on Saturday to play a quarter of football, then sitting in the locker room Sunday morning about to load the bus just to be told it got pushed back another day, then finally getting to finish the game on Monday. Then a real short week till Friday night. Fun times.

I do remember that. Wayne was really good. I remember thinking maybe playing on a short week would give Garrard and advantage against Wayne and then they beat us by like 30! ?

2 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I do remember that. Wayne was really good. I remember thinking maybe playing on a short week would give Garrard and advantage against Wayne and then they beat us by like 30! ?

Wow! I totally forgot that happened twice to us. Yes, the Wayne over Garrard Co. did happen, but that was 2013. And yes, we played South Laurel that year on the Monday of that week too. That Laurel bowl got stormed out two years in a row pushing Wayne to play South Laurel on Monday 9/2 in 2013, and North Laurel on Monday 9/1 in 2014. So Garrard played Wayne on a short week two years in a row. Wayne Co. won the 2013 matchup 42-15, and Garrard Co. won the matchup in 2014, 14-7. 
Wow at the memories!

Fairdale vs. South Oldham is canceled, due to Fairdale being under quarantine. South Oldham will now host Silver Creek (IN) this Friday. 

  • Author
8 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

Fairdale vs. South Oldham is canceled, due to Fairdale being under quarantine. South Oldham will now host Silver Creek (IN) this Friday. 

Dragons vs. Dragons

Rumors. 

According to WBONTV (Richmond) the Madison Southern / GRC game for Friday is canceled (they still trying to confirm). Madison Southern dealing with injuries and healthy/safety issues. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.