2021 COVID-19 Cancellations/Reschedules

3 tweets in less than a 4 hour span from Greenup Co. coach Zach Moore they are kind of amusing but not really with what some schools are going through to try and get games for their players.

"We appreciate our neighbors from the north across the river for agreeing to play at the 11th hour Valley, OH"

less than a hour later.

"Valley vs Greenup CANCELLED... or annulled, not sure if we were scheduled long enough to cancel" 😃

a hour later.

"We've rebounded quick with a game vs. Berea HS at 7:30 @ Berea"

two and half hours later.

"Rebounded but the outlet pass was stolen"😀

No reason given for either cancellation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tkinslow said:

Started the week kind of quiet I had hopes it might stay that way but they been dropping like flies today I hope we don’t have anymore.

Yeah, I think the virus is peaking now which why seeing so many. Covid models show cases dropping in September.

16 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

Started the week kind of quiet I had hopes it might stay that way but they been dropping like flies today I hope we don’t have anymore.

13 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Yeah, I think the virus is peaking now which why seeing so many. Covid models show cases dropping in September.

Most schools have been in session 1-2 weeks and you’ve now had one game, which meant crowds gathering for the first time. Cancellations this week seemed almost inevitable. Hopefully it can balance out in the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

3 tweets in less than a 4 hour span from Greenup Co. coach Zach Moore they are kind of amusing but not really with what some schools are going through to try and get games for their players.

"We appreciate our neighbors from the north across the river for agreeing to play at the 11th hour Valley, OH"

less than a hour later.

"Valley vs Greenup CANCELLED... or annulled, not sure if we were scheduled long enough to cancel" 😃

a hour later.

"We've rebounded quick with a game vs. Berea HS at 7:30 @ Berea"

two and half hours later.

"Rebounded but the outlet pass was stolen"😀

No reason given for either cancellation.

Apparently the reason why the Greenup County/Berea game was cancelled is because Greenup has 400 kids in quarantine. 

23 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

CANCELLED: Edmonson County at Butler County
- Edmonson County in COVID protocol.
- Butler County is OPEN.

16 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

CANCELLED: Valley at Waggener
- Valley in COVID protocol.
- Waggener is OPEN.

Waggener will now play at Butler County tonight, Fri, Aug 27 at 8:30pm eastern.