Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2021 COVID-19 Cancellations/Reschedules

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, HedgeHog8 said:

I'm confused as to how teams are rescheduling games. Per KHSAA rule, you are only allowed one varsity football contest each week with a maximum of 10 games in a season prior to the first round of the playoffs. If Team A wins via Team B forfeiting due to covid, there is a win and a loss recorded for each team respectively.

If you reschedule a game, are coaches forgoing the forfeit win in order to play another game? (1 game/week rule)

If you reschedule week 1, are these teams going to lose out on their later games? (10 game/season rule)

Looking for any clarification

Let me clarify myself:

I understand that Team A and Team B can reschedule for a later date. What I'm confused about is Team A getting a forfeit win and playing Team C in the same week.

  • Replies 281
  • Views 35.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Live look at @Colonels_Wear_Bluetrying to keep up with the schedule changes.

  • I think this is awesome. Coaches who just want their kids to play. Could've easily just started prepping for next week but going to go in blind so their kids can play. I love to see it 

  • And some schools are "shutting down," madness... 

Posted Images

  • Author
12 minutes ago, HedgeHog8 said:

Let me clarify myself:

I understand that Team A and Team B can reschedule for a later date. What I'm confused about is Team A getting a forfeit win and playing Team C in the same week.

If the non-quarantining team (who was originally awarded a forfeit win) manages to scramble and schedule another team, then the game with the original opponent is nullified all together. So no forfeit loss for the quarantining team, and no forfeit win for the healthy team. The game is removed from the schedule.

We've got that discussion going on in another thread now if you want to join in there.
 

 

  • Author

CANCELLED: Caverna at Hart County (Aug 20)
- Caverna in COVID protocol.
- Hart County is OPEN.

  • Author
4 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

CANCELLED: Caverna at Hart County (Aug 20)
- Caverna in COVID protocol.
- Hart County is OPEN.

CANCELLED: North Oldham at Carroll County (Aug 20)
- Carroll County in COVID protocol.
- North Oldham now play at Hart County on Fri, Aug 20.

Got a question from a coaching friend today: if a team has to cancel on a Friday but their players are out of quarantine by Monday, could they push the Friday game to Monday and still play the next Friday? Effectively I’m asking can you play on Monday and Friday of the same week?

  • Author
1 minute ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Got a question from a coaching friend today: if a team has to cancel on a Friday but their players are out of quarantine by Monday, could they push the Friday game to Monday and still play the next Friday? Effectively I’m asking can you play on Monday and Friday of the same week?

I feel like I remembering one of the KHSAA special sessions on YouTube last year and hearing Commissioner Tackett say something specific about the idea of playing games on Monday....I can't remember if he was saying it would be okay or it wouldn't be, though.

13 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Got a question from a coaching friend today: if a team has to cancel on a Friday but their players are out of quarantine by Monday, could they push the Friday game to Monday and still play the next Friday? Effectively I’m asking can you play on Monday and Friday of the same week?

By rule I believe you can. No player is allowed to play more than 8 quarters in a week. Typically Saturday through Friday. OT counts as an extension of the 4th quarter. Now from a game prep position I’m not sure many teams would want to do that. 

25 minutes ago, barrel said:

By rule I believe you can. No player is allowed to play more than 8 quarters in a week. Typically Saturday through Friday. OT counts as an extension of the 4th quarter. Now from a game prep position I’m not sure many teams would want to do that. 

The only Monday game I can remember in the last twenty years was, I believe, Ashland/Sheldon Clark in 2001. It was canceled the week of 9/11 and rescheduled. Might be someone on here who can confirm/clarify that a bit more. 

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Got a question from a coaching friend today: if a team has to cancel on a Friday but their players are out of quarantine by Monday, could they push the Friday game to Monday and still play the next Friday? Effectively I’m asking can you play on Monday and Friday of the same week?

I'm going to say, with 95% certainty, that you cannot play 2 varsity contests in a single week, regardless of the limitation of quarters. We had a rain out last year and won the game because we could not reschedule (for the next night nor for an open week) with the opponent. We suggested finishing on Monday but both teams were told that we couldn't play varsity twice in the same week. Thus, we won. 

Martin Co. @ Leslie County has been canceled due to a positive test on the Leslie Co. team.

Glasgow started a game a few years back against Hart Co on a Saturday night and it got stormed out and they finished it on Sunday afternoon. 

  • Author
1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Martin Co. @ Leslie County has been canceled due to a positive test on the Leslie Co. team.

CANCELLED: Martin County at Leslie County
- Leslie County in COVID protocol.
- Martin County will now play at Betsy Layne tonight, Fri, Aug 20.

  • Author

CANCELLED: McLean County at Breckinridge County
- Breckinridge County in COVID protocol.
- McLean County will now play at Washington (IN), Sat, Aug 28.

CANCELLED: Adair County at Campbellsville
- Campbellsville in COVID protocol.
- Adair County is OPEN.

Looks like two more games have been canceled this morning: Carroll County/Henry County and Pineville/Fairview.

  • Author
48 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Looks like two more games have been canceled this morning: Carroll County/Henry County and Pineville/Fairview.

That would be week two of COVID quarantine for Carroll County.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.