2021 COVID-19 Cancellations/Reschedules

6 minutes ago, Brcatz said:

Don’t ask don’t tell might be the new norm for playing football this year.  Keep the kid home a few days first and go from there.  

I don't remember what happened elsewhere, but I know at Cov Cath, they were taking temperatures when everyone arrived at practice and at school. (Diocese of Covington was in-person from the get-go last school year.) If someone had a temperature, they weren't going to make it in to practice in the first place.

I realize that doesn't mean there are some folks who don't spike a fever prior to actually having COVID, but anyway...what did other schools do? I kind of assume we're bound for mandatory temperature tests on everyone as they enter schools, so "don't ask don't tell" would turn into "don't take temperatures, coaches/admins would have to falsifying information in order to say everyone tested normal for temperatures."

12 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I don't remember what happened elsewhere, but I know at Cov Cath, they were taking temperatures when everyone arrived at practice and at school. (Diocese of Covington was in-person from the get-go last school year.) If someone had a temperature, they weren't going to make it in to practice in the first place.

I realize that doesn't mean there are some folks who don't spike a fever prior to actually having COVID, but anyway...what did other schools do? I kind of assume we're bound for mandatory temperature tests on everyone as they enter schools, so "don't ask don't tell" would turn into "don't take temperatures, coaches/admins would have to falsifying information in order to say everyone tested normal for temperatures."

I was meaning more towards the parents that don’t have there kids vaccinated.  But does cov cath still do the temp checks this year also.  I’m sure schools have to follow NKY health dept procedure but hard to believe some schools have not had any CV positive cases at all. 

2 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

That seem to be what good teams were doing in playoffs last year.

Has to be.  I meant more towards parents keeping on the down low. I’m sure schools have to follow health dept rules.

7 minutes ago, Brcatz said:

I was meaning more towards the parents that don’t have there kids vaccinated.  But does Cov Cath still do the temp checks this year also?  I’m sure schools have to follow NKY health dept procedure but hard to believe some schools have not had any CV positive cases at all. 

I have no idea, honestly. Truthfully I'm nowhere near keeping up on what the policies are for schools at this point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...