Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2021 COVID-19 Cancellations/Reschedules

Featured Replies

  • Author
6 minutes ago, Brcatz said:

Don’t ask don’t tell might be the new norm for playing football this year.  Keep the kid home a few days first and go from there.  

I don't remember what happened elsewhere, but I know at Cov Cath, they were taking temperatures when everyone arrived at practice and at school. (Diocese of Covington was in-person from the get-go last school year.) If someone had a temperature, they weren't going to make it in to practice in the first place.

I realize that doesn't mean there are some folks who don't spike a fever prior to actually having COVID, but anyway...what did other schools do? I kind of assume we're bound for mandatory temperature tests on everyone as they enter schools, so "don't ask don't tell" would turn into "don't take temperatures, coaches/admins would have to falsifying information in order to say everyone tested normal for temperatures."

  • Replies 281
  • Views 35.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Live look at @Colonels_Wear_Bluetrying to keep up with the schedule changes.

  • I think this is awesome. Coaches who just want their kids to play. Could've easily just started prepping for next week but going to go in blind so their kids can play. I love to see it 

  • And some schools are "shutting down," madness... 

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Brcatz said:

Don’t ask don’t tell might be the new norm for playing football this year.  Keep the kid home a few days first and go from there.  

That seem to be what good teams were doing in playoffs last year.

12 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I don't remember what happened elsewhere, but I know at Cov Cath, they were taking temperatures when everyone arrived at practice and at school. (Diocese of Covington was in-person from the get-go last school year.) If someone had a temperature, they weren't going to make it in to practice in the first place.

I realize that doesn't mean there are some folks who don't spike a fever prior to actually having COVID, but anyway...what did other schools do? I kind of assume we're bound for mandatory temperature tests on everyone as they enter schools, so "don't ask don't tell" would turn into "don't take temperatures, coaches/admins would have to falsifying information in order to say everyone tested normal for temperatures."

I was meaning more towards the parents that don’t have there kids vaccinated.  But does cov cath still do the temp checks this year also.  I’m sure schools have to follow NKY health dept procedure but hard to believe some schools have not had any CV positive cases at all. 

2 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

That seem to be what good teams were doing in playoffs last year.

Has to be.  I meant more towards parents keeping on the down low. I’m sure schools have to follow health dept rules.

1 minute ago, Brcatz said:

Has to be.  I meant more towards parents keeping on the down low. I’m sure schools have to follow health dept rules.

Right, the schools definitely would follow policy.

  • Author
7 minutes ago, Brcatz said:

I was meaning more towards the parents that don’t have there kids vaccinated.  But does Cov Cath still do the temp checks this year also?  I’m sure schools have to follow NKY health dept procedure but hard to believe some schools have not had any CV positive cases at all. 

I have no idea, honestly. Truthfully I'm nowhere near keeping up on what the policies are for schools at this point.

6 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Right, the schools definitely would follow policy.

Or not if that state championship is on the line, lol

  • Author

The scrimmage between Western and North Bullitt is off for this Friday. North Bullitt posted to the listserv looking for a scrimmage. Not sure whether or not this was COVID related.

Glasgow- Larue Co scrimmage canceled per the Glasgow Facebook page no reason given.

  • Author

Gallatin County cancelled with Ludlow this Friday due to COVID protocols. Ludlow is now hosting Bracken County instead of Gallatin County.

6 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

 

Our luck continues!

  • Author

Waggener now looking for a game this weekend after Pike Central (IN) cancels due to COVID protocol.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.