2021 COVID-19 Cancellations/Reschedules

On 9/16/2021 at 5:07 PM, Tkinslow said:

Of that distance what is that an hour.

1 hour and 25 minutes in a regular vehicle. A school bus or charter would take a little longer. A rule of thumb for Russell when McGlone was there is if it was 2 hours or just a little longer he took the team on the cheese wagon.

1 hour ago, Tkinslow said:

Shhh! Don’t look now but has anyone else noticed that the cancellations over the last two weeks are way down. Why do we think this is because Covid cases are starting to go down or some other reason.

Cases are dropping so cancellations are too.

4 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

Shhh! Don’t look now but has anyone else noticed that the cancellations over the last two weeks are way down. Why do we think this is because Covid cases are starting to go down or some other reason.

Cancelations we’re starting to see now seem to be games with expected wide margins. Is this a coincidence or are school avoiding games where heavy losses are likely, something Commissioner Tackett himself said happened quite often last year.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Cancelations we’re starting to see now seem to be games with expected wide margins. Is this a coincidence or are school avoiding games where heavy losses are likely, something Commissioner Tackett himself said happened quite often last year.  

I hope that ain’t the case if you don’t want to suffer being blowed out then schedule smarter but don’t cancel a game you have agreed to already.

26 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

I hope that ain’t the case if you don’t want to suffer being blowed out then schedule smarter but don’t cancel a game you have agreed to already.

Most of the cancelations I'm referring to are district games.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...