On 9/1/2021 at 3:31 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

CANCELLED: Campbellsville at Metcalfe County
- Metcalfe County in COVID protocol.
- Campbellsville is OPEN.

6 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

CANCELLED: Fairview at Nicholas County
- Fairview in COVID protocol.
- Nicholas County is OPEN.

Nicholas County to host Campbellsville tomorrow night, Fri, Sep 3.

On 9/1/2021 at 3:42 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Taking a look at this latest handful of Kentucky high schools cancelling football games today...

Carroll County HS: Carroll County is 43.53% vaccinated.
Washington County HS: Washington County is 47.86% vaccinated.
South Laurel HS: Laurel County is 37.07% vaccinated.
Paris HS: Bourbon County is 51.56% vaccinated.
Breathitt County HS: Breathitt County is 41.62% vaccinated.
Belfry HS: Pike County is 43.82% vaccinated.
Metcalfe County HS: Metcalfe County is 32.77% vaccinated.

Here's the info on COVID-19 vaccinations in the counties where teams to have cancelled football games are located since the I initially made the list yesterday. So with the eight new quarantining teams below, that means 13 out of the 15 most recent football programs to have cancelled games this week due to COVID protocols are from counties where there is currently less than 50% of the county population vaccinated for COVID-19. That's 87% of the quarantined teams that are from counties where fewer than half of the population is vaccinated.

I know not everyone loves dealing with numbers, but that's a pretty overwhelming majority, is it not?

Webster County HS: Webster County is 39.13% vaccinated.
DeSales HS: Jefferson County is 62.02% vaccinated.
Fairview HS: Boyd County is 39.74% vaccinated.
Logan County HS: Logan County is 46.16% vaccinated.
Christian County HS: Christian County is 26.01% vaccinated.
Meade County HS: Meade County is 36.98% vaccinated.
Owen County HS: Owen County is 33.85% vaccinated.
Pendleton County HS: Pendleton County is 40.37% vaccinated.

Confused on something....if a team game is cancelled due to Team A being in COVID protocol, does Team B automatically get a win in the record book regardless of whether they take a bye or schedule someone? 

I guess what I'm saying is if Team B brings in Team C and Team C beats them, does Team B still get a win for the week per KHSAA?

11 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

Confused on something....if a team game is cancelled due to Team A being in COVID protocol, does Team B automatically get a win in the record book regardless of whether they take a bye or schedule someone? 

I guess what I'm saying is if Team B brings in Team C and Team C beats them, does Team B still get a win for the week per KHSAA?

No, you can only get one result per week. However, it appears that the KHSAA is logging every game as a forfeit at this point with one team getting a win and the other team a loss. My guess is the scoreboard will be modified once the season ends and it can be determined if teams played ten games on the field.

Not sure that answers your question but that's a mix of what I do know and what appears to be happening on the scoreboard page.

11 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

Team A has a 1-0 loss in the event that Team B is not able to schedule a replacement game.

If Team B does find a replacement opponent - Team C - and plays the game against Team C, then the game between Team A and Team B is a no-contest and is nullified in the books. If Team C beats Team B, then it's a loss for Team B like any other loss would be recorded.

Case in point:

On Aug 20, Breathitt County was originally scheduled to play Magoffin County. Magoffin County went into COVID protocol and originally showed a 1-0 forfeit loss to Breathitt County on the scoreboard. Breathitt County was able to scramble and schedule Paul Laurence Dunbar as a substitute opponent for the week, and Dunbar beat Breathitt County 69-28. Breathitt County's game against Paul Laurence Dunbar is their recorded game for the week, and it was recorded as a loss. The scoreboard was later updated to show Magoffin as having a 0-0 no contest for the week.

3 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Team A has a 1-0 loss in the event that Team B is not able to schedule a replacement game.

If Team B does find a replacement opponent - Team C - and plays the game against Team C, then the game between Team A and Team B is a no-contest and is nullified in the books. If Team C beats Team B, then it's a loss for Team B like any other loss would be recorded.

Case in point:

On Aug 20, Breathitt County was originally scheduled to play Magoffin County. Magoffin County went into COVID protocol and originally showed a 1-0 forfeit loss to Breathitt County on the scoreboard. Breathitt County was able to scramble and schedule Paul Laurence Dunbar as a substitute opponent for the week, and Dunbar beat Breathitt County 69-28. Breathitt County's game against Paul Laurence Dunbar is their recorded game for the week, and it was recorded as a loss. The scoreboard was later updated to show Magoffin as having a 0-0 no contest for the week.

You, sir, continue to impress. Perfect explanation! Thanks

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

CANCELLED: Newport at Pendleton County
- Pendleton County in COVID protocol.
- Newport is OPEN.

Correction, Newport at Pendleton County has been rescheduled for 10/29.

Bishop Brossart was willing to bump their game at Pendleton County to 10/22 in order to facilitate the reschedule for Pendleton County and Newport.