CovCath

Owensboro

Blazer

Beechwood

LexCath

Bryan Station

McCracken County

Central

They will finalize their rankings on 8/12 but not sure if they will change much.

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Computer vs one person opinion. Lol.

Fair point, fair point. I guess I just...well...I expect Cov Cath to maybe have at least a little bit of a breaking in period when they're working with a new quarterback after graduating their second-straight three year starter, but still, just that #30 thing. I can't help but think...

giphy.gif?cid=790b761141f7d2290272d0e2b3

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

From first view: one team that draws attention is LCA ranked 5th 👀.  I may be wrong but I don't remember a 2A team being ranked that high!

Without a doubt, LCA is stacked with talent and (IMO) the clear favorite for the 2A crown.  I'm just not sure if they are set to battle with the top tier of KY football.  Good thing their schedule this year will bring clarity to this conversation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

These are just rankings if they mattered that much then why play the games. I believe we let them settle it on the field.

True. And the idea with power ratings is to use data, something that doesn’t exist right now. Calpreps usually fleshes out really well after about 4-5 games. 

• Like 1

Like most preseason polls, they allow for great offseason chatter. Always fun to compare polls from preseason and final just to see which teams held strong, which teams performed better than ranked, and which teams didn't quite live up to their "ranking". 

• Like 1