Jamie Brown resigned at North Oldham (and then was re-hired back at North Oldham.)

BBN_34

26 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy said:

Anything on a official announcement? If not when is it expected? 

Not sure when an official announcement will come. I know that Coach Brown sent out a message to the parents and players announcing his resignation. I was told he cited a conflict with the Principal regarding his coaching staff as the reason of resignation.

11 hours ago, BBN_34 said:

Not sure when an official announcement will come. I know that Coach Brown sent out a message to the parents and players announcing his resignation. I was told he cited a conflict with the Principal regarding his coaching staff as the reason of resignation.

Coaching HS football in KY is a tough gig. Wish Coach Brown and North Oldham HS Football the best as they both move forward. 

• Like 3

I saw the letter from Brown.  I think the two things he referenced were ability to hire the staff he wanted and “having a presence at the high school”, which is probably a recognized term that I’m just unfamiliar with. The implication - or maybe he said it outright, I don’t remember - was that the Principal and AD made certain promises to get him to take the job, then reneged after he got there.  North has always had trouble with coaching stability, at least w/r/t football and basketball, and the convenient assumption is “rich, overly involved parents” is the reason.  I can’t say if that’s true or not, though everyone just takes it for granted (smoke, fire?).  I did talk with a couple of North parents yesterday who had zero use for the Principal and AD.