Sep 24 - BYE
Oct 1 at Jeffersontown
Oct 8 at Bourbon County (District)
Oct 15 vs. Boyle County (District)
Oct 22 at Lexington Catholic (District)
Oct 29 at Shelby County

fb_schedule_screenshot.jpeg.14e34112008ab2f1f6b0199111714c85.jpeg

• 5 months later...

I don’t understand why he was kicked off the team.  I’ll always have more respect for the football coaches who preach they want their kids playing multiple sports but also truly allow their kids to play multiple sports.   Surely there is more to the story.  If not, it’s a damn shame.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

I don’t understand why he was kicked off the team.  I’ll always have more respect for the football coaches who preach they want their kids playing multiple sports but also truly allow their kids to play multiple sports.   Surely there is more to the story.  If not, it’s a damn shame.  

I was told there is more to the story, yes. Also sounds like the family has filed (or maybe "is going to file") a grievance with the school district.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Flea Market said:

I would fire the coach today. No way I could have a coach that has no compassion for a 15 year old student. How many games did he win last year?

Ever hear the phrase "parents are ruining sports"? The parents at Anderson County are who that phrase was written about. They're the folks who forced the AD to fire Peach who'd grown up in Lawrenceburg and was the winningest coach in program history.

I wouldn't take the Anderson job for all the tea in China. They managed to dupe some poor guy from out of state into taking the job, and here it is less than 2 years later and we've got a case of a parent crying foul about the coach.

All in favor of kids playing multiple sports. But if your non-school affiliated AAU basketball team has you missing football practice on the reg, should a coach not be able to assign some repercussions? What happens when the starting center and safety both ask to flake out on practice in August to go on vacation with friends and tell coach, "I mean, he's already missed 9 practices for AAU hoops. I'm just asking to miss 5 practices."?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TylerDurden said:

Ever hear the phrase "parents are ruining sports"? The parents at Anderson County are who that phrase was written about. They're the folks who forced the AD to fire Peach who'd grown up in Lawrenceburg and was the winningest coach in program history.

I wouldn't take the Anderson job for all the tea in China. They managed to dupe some poor guy from out of state into taking the job, and here it is less than 2 years later and we've got a case of a parent crying foul about the coach.

All in favor of kids playing multiple sports. But if your non-school affiliated AAU basketball team has you missing football practice on the reg, should a coach not be able to assign some repercussions? What happens when the starting center and safety both ask to flake out on practice in August to go on vacation with friends and tell coach, "I mean, he's already missed 9 practices for AAU hoops. I'm just asking to miss 5 practices."?

Agree with this completely.  My son plays multiple sports, but once football season started on July 10th, AAU basketball took a backseat and that's how it should be, just like as soon as football season is over, it takes a backseat to basketball until they are eliminated from the KHSAA tournament.  Your teammates deserve that respect and dedication from you.  Anything less then just becomes about you as an individual and has nothing to do with the team.

2 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

100% agree with you @TylerDurden

IMO: AAU sports should not be more important than school affiliated sports! 

Football is not a sport you can just practice 1 or 2 days a week and expect to be good.  It isn't fair for the entire team that is busting their tails daily trying to accomplish a team goal. Also, by missing so much practice time in football, at some point, it becomes a safety issue.  Not knowing what to do (play, technique) on the field can increase the probability of injury ten fold.  

• Like 2

Let's not make generalizations like Anderson County parents are why Phrases like Parents ruining sports exist.  AC parents are great and supportive, I am one and a Coach, so I see both sides.  Not going to comment on the current scenario playing out in the media but the parents in AC are great and I'm proud to tell people I live and Coach in Anderson County.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

So basically this coach can’t handle multiple sport athletes as well as other coaches.  I know of PLENTY of football coaches who allowed players to play AAU basketball through July and I know of more than one program who allowed basketball players to join their team in August.  Each coach is different, I guess.  I hope this coach doesn’t preach playing multiple sports because he sucks at it.  

• Thanks 1