Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dividing B-ball into Classes

Featured Replies

I hope we never see this in Ky. I was talking to a guy at the Mason/Ashland game the other night and he said we are one of the few states left that dont go into 1A 2A 3A 4A

  • Replies 49
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it ads something a little special to KY Basketball...when you talk to someone from another state they look at you with a look of awe. I like the All A classic etc. but leave it as is...a true state champ.

If we have another pitiful turnout for the state tourney again this year, it probably will be looked at! I also hope it never happens, but if it does, I think we can still have a true state champ by letting the winners of all 4 champs play. 1A vs 3A, 2A vs 4A, then winners play for title of STATE CHAMP! Would be okay that way I think.

I think it ads something a little special to KY Basketball...when you talk to someone from another state they look at you with a look of awe. I like the All A classic etc. but leave it as is...a true state champ.

 

Is it a look of awe or a look of disbelief? If Delaware is the only other state with a similar situation, it should tell us something. Basketball is not particularly high on the list of priorities in Delaware.

 

In regard to the tournament, it is long past time to quit living in the past

Is it a look of awe or a look of disbelief? If Delaware is the only other state with a similar situation, it should tell us something. Basketball is not particularly high on the list of priorities in Delaware.

 

In regard to the tournament, it is long past time to quit living in the past

Much easier said than actually done.

 

I don't think it will ever happen with legislature intervention because of $$$. Too much $$$ at the Sweet 16. And sports (admittedingly the HS level being the least) is about mostly, $$$$.

 

The people that sponsors these tournaments and pony up the $$$ want the tournament as is and I believe that will carry weight. I know the girls' tournament stays in WKY because Houchens sponsors ($$$$) like no one in other parts of the state have stepped up and done.

Much easier said than actually done.

 

I don't think it will ever happen with legislature intervention because of $$$. Too much $$$ at the Sweet 16. And sports (admittedingly the HS level being the least) is about mostly, $$$$.

 

The people that sponsors these tournaments and pony up the $$$ want the tournament as is and I believe that will carry weight. I know the girls' tournament stays in WKY because Houchens sponsors ($$$$) like no one in other parts of the state have stepped up and done.

 

You are most likely correct. Money will rule the day. By the way, I made my first trip to Bowling Green last March for the girls's tournament and must say that Houchens provides a first class tournament. In my opinion, it is much superior to the Class A in Richmond.

Is it a look of awe or a look of disbelief? If Delaware is the only other state with a similar situation, it should tell us something. Basketball is not particularly high on the list of priorities in Delaware.

 

In regard to the tournament, it is long past time to quit living in the past

 

But if we classify, no one will ever stop complaining about how the big schools would have the advantage ina winner take all format. Also, the public/private argument would be worse than ever, especially in the smaller schools.

You are most likely correct. Money will rule the day. By the way, I made my first trip to Bowling Green last March for the girls's tournament and must say that Houchens provides a first class tournament. In my opinion, it is much superior to the Class A in Richmond.

Never been to the Class A but have attended numerous state tournaments for both boys and girls.

 

Gamewise and atmosphere, you can't beat Rupp.

 

As far as the class of the tournament, can't beat Diddle, except for the one time I went to Frankfort at KState. They had a COOKOUT in the hospitality room. A COOKOUT. Freshly grilled hamburgers with all the trimmings, hot dogs, it was unbelievable.

 

Hospitality at the boys, chips pretzels and drinks.

If we have another pitiful turnout for the state tourney again this year, it probably will be looked at! I also hope it never happens, but if it does, I think we can still have a true state champ by letting the winners of all 4 champs play. 1A vs 3A, 2A vs 4A, then winners play for title of STATE CHAMP! Would be okay that way I think.

 

 

4 classes and 4 sweet 16's would work!!!!!! Then the Final 4!!!!!!! That would be sweet!!!!!

4 classes would be awesome. Can you imagine. CovCath, Holmes, and Holy Cross all having the opportunity to compete for state championships. In our current system one automatically doesn't get out of district!

4 classes would be awesome. Can you imagine. CovCath, Holmes, and Holy Cross all having the opportunity to compete for state championships. In our current system one automatically doesn't get out of district!

There was another proposal in which Holy Cross and Cov Cath could compete for a championship seperate from Holmes but I don't recall hearing how it turned out.:D :D :lol:

Why stop at 4 have 5!:thumb:

 

1A, 2A, 3A, 4A and Private.

We could have...

1A State Champ

2A State Champ

3A State Champ

4A State Champ

Private "Best Recruiting" State Champ:jump:

 

No seeds have a blind draw for the (KCS, formerly the BCS) State Champ.:ylsuper:

We should move toward a "bowl" system instead of the current playoff format. Hey, it works for NCAA football.

 

We will be so busy counting $$$ we won't have anything to discuss...RIGHT?

No, I like things the way they are. The Sweet 16 IS Kentucky Highschool Basketball. Why conform to what 48 other states do with thier highschool sports? The Sweet 6 is unique and it's the everybody against everybody scenario that makes it so magical.

 

If anything, football should get rid of their classes.

Maybe we could just have three classes- those who recruit, those who recruit but play holier than thou, and those who actually don't recruit. The first two classes would be quite large with an overhwhelming majority of all schools- public and private (although most publics would clearly be in the second group with Vaught and Sears as co-commissioners), and the third class would have so few that it would be difficult to make up brackets.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.