Dividing B-ball into Classes

Just to be clear, those tickets are BOUGHT by the school districts and in a lot of cases is considered as one of the perks for all the time they are underpaid for.

As far as the networking, my teams have ended up being in tournaments throughout the state because of the contacts I made there. My teams have attending different basketball camps because of the contacts I made there. My players have received postseason honors because of the contacts I made there. I have picked up plays and defensive strategies because of the contacts I have made there. My players have been considered by colleges because of the contacts I made there.

I am not saying coaches shouldn't be allowed to go, I just do not agree with this being a "perk". All educators are overworked and underpaid. Often while coaches are at practice, other teachers are attending faculty meetings, committee meetings, etc. etc. I just do not buy three days out of class to attend ballgames on the school district or athletic department whichever the case may be. Especially with the difficulty these days just to provide the necessary items to run programs.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. For the VAST majority of HS basketball players, they will NEVER play in the Sweet 16. So if the Sweet 16 IS KY HS basketball, there career is incomplete and I don't believe that.

While the Sweet 16 is the reward of the season, the memories, friendships, life lessons, etc IS KY HS BASKETBALL. And a person's career can be as complete and rewarding without a trip to the Sweet 16 as it can with.

:thumb:

I felt that my career was incomplete because I didn't get a state championship. Can someone get me a state championship because everybody should get one. Here we are again, lowering the standards. Why lower the standards that Kentucky High School Basketball has set?

An additional observation.

The 1A champs are an independent and private.

The 2A champ is an independent.

Rural vs. Urban

Rural champs Breckinridge County (great team), Marion County(great cycle of players), Mason County (great cycle of players)

Urban Fairdale, Eastern, Ballard, Elizabethtown, Paintsville, Lafayette, Lex Cath, Warren Central, Jeffersontown, Scott County

Somewhere in between: UHA, South Laurel

I don't think you'd classify that UHA team as either urban or rural, but rather "foreign" ; as if I'm not mistaken they started five exchange students??

I like basketball the way it is. Football and baseball require more kids so I believe classing it is way to equal the playing field. Even small districts can put together the occassional 5 or 6 man team that can compete in KY with anyone but it is much more tough to do with baseball and footbaLL.