Covington Catholic 42 Highlands 0

“Out Executed”. You think?  Last three trips to CovCath the Birds are 0-3 and outscored 130-0.  Let that settle in for those that think things are humming along in Fort Thomas.  A lot of false hope off two wins the week prior.  Need a win next week or it is another season with no home football game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

“Out Executed”. You think?  Last three trips to CovCath the Birds are 0-3 and outscored 130-0.  Let that settle in for those that think things are humming along in Fort Thomas.  A lot of false hope off two wins the week prior.  Need a win next week or it is another season with no home football game.

Is there one single Highlands fan that is ok with those results and thinks there is nothing the program can do to improve?

38 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Is there one single Highlands fan that is ok with those results and thinks there is nothing the program can do to improve?

Believe it or not I think there are, especially the administration.  Being .500 or a little above is the newly accepted normal and a lot of that is a direct result of the super and the principal.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Believe it or not I think there are, especially the administration.  Being .500 or a little above is the newly accepted normal and a lot of that is a direct result of the super and the principal.

That’s called emotional logic vs. objective.

• Like 2

I was talking to some Highlands parents of players a week ago and their kids are afraid to be vocal in fear of  being punished or benched and that is sad.

So instead of falling into a bullying trap, families are beginning to just make a move to another school where the winning standards happen in both the classroom and on the field. 

See, not so long ago if you wanted to get this opportunity parents brought their kids to Highlands because of opportunities they couldn’t get at other schools. Now, schools like CovCath, Beechwood and many others have copied the success model that administrators built at Highlands. Unfortunately, Highlands has not maintained their success on the field and has falling behind leading to families transferring out of the district and the blame should fall directly on those leading Highlands imo.

There are other choices today and families are doing what’s best for them.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Bluesport said:

I will say this-I like Noon, and he has a chance to be really good especially running the ball but he had absolutely no chance other than a play or two. There were multiple Colonels dialed in on him. 

You are spot on there.  Line play has been lacking for a few years.  The resolution is using kids on both sides of the ball or moving guys from other positions.  Another example of trying to fit square pegs in round holes.

7 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

I was talking to some Highlands parents of players a week ago and their kids are afraid to be vocal in fear of  being punished or benched and that is sad.

So instead of falling into a bullying trap, families are beginning to just make a move to another school where the winning standards happen in both the classroom and on the field. 

See, not so long ago if you wanted to get this opportunity parents brought their kids to Highlands because of opportunities they couldn’t get at other schools. Now, schools like CovCath, Beechwood and many others have copied the success model that administrators built at Highlands. Unfortunately, Highlands has not maintained their success on the field and has falling behind leading to families transferring out of the district and the blame should fall directly on those leading Highlands imo.

There are other choices today and families are doing what’s best for them.

I am not buying your statement about Beechwood copying the Highlands model. Beechwood has been doing their thing a long time. But I know what you are saying. Families want to be part of the best. When they see football teams like Beechwood and Cov Cath winning state titles year after year with a great learning culture in their school achieving high academic performance, yes they will go there. 

22 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I am not buying your statement about Beechwood copying the Highlands model. Beechwood has been doing their thing a long time. But I know what you are saying. Families want to be part of the best. When they see football teams like Beechwood and Cov Cath winning state titles year after year with a great learning culture in their school achieving high academic performance, yes they will go there. 

Actually, probably shouldn’t have used Beechwood as an example but did because Highlands lost Herggot to them which would never had happened under the previous success model. 

Beechwood is where I would send my Sons today under the current circumstances if I were making choices.

I can’t believe Iam saying this but it would be a different story if Highlands administration had a plan in place to correct things but they don’t. They claim they are broke financially and there are no teaching positions available so the thought of even considering a new coach is out of the question. 

• Like 1

So someone please explain as this armchair QB is obviously lost his mind and knows nothing.

How can CovCath destroy a Highlands team 42-0 on Friday night and then turn around and lose a JV game 24-21 in OT? 

No way this should happen or maybe I should reiterate no way last night results should happen. 

Just looking for answers...

• Like 1