Covington Catholic 42 Highlands 0

40 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Overall the broadcast was good, nice to hear competent people calling the action.

4 minutes ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

#itstime.   And if you don’t think so, then I don’t know what to tell you. Oh, from the looks of it, kids didn’t get their “pep” talk this week. 

Highlands football is Bill Murray’s Groundhog Day for us.  Eventually, everyone will catch on, we’ve only been saying it for 2-3 years now.

Congrats to Covcath.

The talent gap is smaller but exists.  The close wins by the Colonels against Beechwood and Dixie this year I characterize as “system “ wins.  The players are pretty good and know the system.   A great system. Hopefully when the Colonels meet a really good team in the playoffs they’ve really got it down and play well enough to keep winning. 

3 minutes ago, GottaLuvFootball said:

The talent gap is smaller but exists.  The close wins by the Colonels against Beechwood and Dixie this year I characterize as “system “ wins.  The players are pretty good and know the system.   A great system. Hopefully when the Colonels meet a really good team in the playoffs they’ve really got it down and play well enough to keep winning. 

CovCath looked like a different team to me tonight.  They are definitely improving.

2 minutes ago, GottaLuvFootball said:

And it was strange to see Highland sitting around while CCH ran their pregame.   Highlands just did some warm up at the last minute.  Pregame at home first?

Yeah that picture came from a parent that took it before the game. Strange like you said. I guess what they have been doing the last 4 or 5 years against CCH wasn’t working so coaches thought they would do something different for this game. IDK just confused. Oh well, maybe they have another Boone Cty team on the schedule for next week. Get back on track. Go Birds!!!

• Like 1