Covington Catholic 42 Highlands 0

I go back to what  I said this week: coaching will win this game. Eddie had  these boys ready-BELIEVE ME. I don’t think Highlands is as bad as as they showed tonight , but after the 1st TD this game was never in doubt in my eyes. You cannot run the ball consistently on this CCH team. Oh yeah...their 2 best linebackers are underclassman. They also owned the line of scrimmage both ways. Pretty good recipe. I honestly thought a 7-10 point win, but certainly not this. 

image.png

image.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluesport said:

I go back to what  I said this week: coaching will win this game. Eddie had  these boys ready-BELIEVE ME. I don’t think Highlands is as bad as as they showed tonight , but after the 1st TD this game was never in doubt in my eyes. You cannot run the ball consistently on this CCH team. Oh yeah...their 2 best linebackers underclassman. They also owned the line of scrimmage both ways. Pretty good recipe. I honestly thought a 7-10 point win, but certainly not this. 

I'm impressed with the amount of underclassmen contributing. Practically at every level on offense and defense there is at least one settling in and playing well.

• Like 2

1. All about the boys upfront tonight, my game balls go to the DLine. The reason we looked different is because 85 is on the field again. Trevor Wilson was an absolute animal and I think this is the first time he’s been out there this year. He’s a difference maker. Dickhaus and Stegman both got after it today as well like usual. Great job to the guys up front, there was a big difference between the teams.
  2. CovCath was under 4 ypc against Dixie and BW earlier this year. Do you know what helps that? Having Highlands be out gapped almost every time we had a tight end. I was laughing all game watching them line up knowing we’d get 6 yards running the ball, at minimum, just by alignment. That’s a big reason why we ran for like 350 along with just physically being much much better than them up front.
  3. I never would have expected some of our best offense to have Caleb running down hill, let alone scoring on power read from 31. Props to him for developing as an athlete over the last couple years. We’re going to need more of that down the stretch. 
  4. I think he only had 1 catch, but it’s nice to see Benke get in the end zone. Kid is a player and a good compliment to Reardon.
  5. Charlie Noon...I like that guy. Good athlete, strong arm, really good things ahead for him. He just needs some help!
  6. No big picture stuff tonight, love beating Highlands, hope the guys enjoy it. 
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Very impressive win. Our defense is getting better each week and being more disciplined. Our offensive line did great this game  opening up holes all day for the running game. Besides Reardon, we need more recievers to get open and make some plays for Caleb but other than that it was a overall great victory. It was also nice not to see a bunch of turnovers and penalties. I know we had 1 turnover and that personal foul penalty but overall good. Let's keep it going, we got some good opponents coming up in the upcoming weeks in SK and LexCath.