What is your favorite cookout side item?

Randy Parker

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 posts and nobody has mentioned beer yet?

Oh I loved cold beer more than I should have, but due to my health and medication I take, it doesn't come to mind any longer........truly sad. I'll will sneak one or two at a get together if the warden's not around.

What is Oriental Cole Slaw? Is it different from regular Cole Slaw?

I hate to speak for the slug. But he could be referencing the stuff made with ramen noodles and slivered almonds along with regular coleslaw mix and dressing. It’s pretty good.

The ancient one is correct.

I'm not big on Coleslaw, but that stuff is delicious.

I find that people (myself included) are very specific about the potato salad they eat. I only like my mother’s potato salad—potatoes, pickles, hard boiled eggs, onions, mustard and mayo.

As long as she uses the right kind of mayo, mustard and pickles.

I'll agree with that, but maybe a "co-main course". I sure love my burgers, steaks, brats, metts and dogs too!

Bratts, andouille sausages and burgers getting ready to go on the grill as we speak.

Bratts, andouille sausages and burgers getting ready to go on the grill as we speak.

They were tasty. Along with the traditional coleslaw on the dogs and the deep fried cauliflower. She stays away from the grill and I stay away from just about everything else.

What is Oriental Cole Slaw? Is it different from regular Cole Slaw?

Very different. Only thing in common is the cabbage and carrots. It's has the cabbage, carrots, slivered almonds, sunflower seeds, green onions, crushed ramen noodles, and the dressing is oil, vinegar, and sugar. The dressing isn't creamy like your standard coleslaw.

Very different. Only thing in common is the cabbage and carrots. It's has the cabbage, carrots, slivered almonds, sunflower seeds, green onions, crushed ramen noodles, and the dressing is oil, vinegar, and sugar. The dressing isn't creamy like your standard coleslaw.

The beef ramen noodle mix is also mixed in with the dressing. I usually put a little more oil & vinegar than the recipe calls for. I can make a meal just out of the stuff, and I'm not a big coleslaw guy at all.

The beef ramen noodle mix is also mixed in with the dressing. I usually put a little more oil & vinegar than the recipe calls for. I can make a meal just out of the stuff, and I'm not a big coleslaw guy at all.

We've never used the flavor packs. My wife or daughter will make a huge bowl of it, and it generally only lasts a day or two in our house. We'll keep some of the ramen noodles on the side to sprinkle on the next day to keep the crunch.