KHSAA Transfer Portal List

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 4:02 PM, ACfan4 said:

James Jewell has been ruled ineligible at Marion County after transferring from Eastern. 

They’ll appeal and most likely get it through. Going on the grounds of “life in Louisville”. And his hasn’t been easy. 

4 hours ago, KeepItRealYo said:

I may be wrong but isn’t Maze Stallworth apart of the Manimal AAU organization which James plays for?  If so, then there is the real reason he’s been ruled ineligible.  With that said I do think kids should get one free transfer.  

Maze runs the program. There’s definitely enough here to call foul. But James hasn’t had an easy run. If his mom wants him out of Louisville, he should be ruled eligible. Marion offers much less on the exposure scale than Eastern. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HoopJunkie said:

Maze runs the program. There’s definitely enough here to call foul. But James hasn’t had an easy run. If his mom wants him out of Louisville, he should be ruled eligible. Marion offers much less on the exposure scale than Eastern. 

Did mom actually relocate to Marion County?  Why all the sudden did mon want him out of Louisville?

Unfortunately, it appears James was mislead or misinformed which is really unfair to the kid.  According to KHSAA Bylaws 6 Section 3 even if the mother moves he will still likely be ruled ineligible.  It’s always tough trying to understand why some kids can transfer nearly every year and never be ruled ineligible while others transfer once and are penalized.  I think it’s up the school the player is leaving on whether or not they object to the transfer release form.

843741E5-1473-4072-B2D2-DAD35A448C09.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, KeepItRealYo said:

Unfortunately, it appears James was mislead or misinformed which is really unfair to the kid.  According to KHSAA Bylaws 6 Section 3 even if the mother moves he will still likely be ruled ineligible.  It’s always tough trying to understand why some kids can transfer nearly every year and never be ruled ineligible while others transfer once and are penalized.  I think it’s up the school the player is leaving on whether or not they object to the transfer release form.

Good note on that rule. I didn't know that one. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Good note on that rule. I didn't know that one. 

Bylaw 6, which covers the KHSAA's guidelines for transfer, is just over 5 written pages (two columns per page). I've taken the time to read it on a few occasions in the past, but I'm still nowhere even remotely close to having all of the separate little clauses, buts, and if/thens down, by any stretch.

Here's the full text of Bylaw 6, for reference. Seems like this thread is an appropriate place to have a link to it.

Bylaw 6: Transfer Rule - Citizens Of The U.S. And D.C. And Other Students Previously Enrolled In Member Schools

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KeepItRealYo said:

Actually I like this rule.

• Like 2

That is an interesting rule I didn't know existed. If that is the rule then he should be ineligible regardless of the reasons moving from Louisville. There are 118 counties outside of Jefferson they could have relocated to aside from the one that is coached by an affiliate or in this case, director of the players AAU program. 

The twitter post that I seen said he was ineligible for a year since last game at Eastern and he would be eligible sometime in early March. That isn't the whole season for the kid but also he doesn't miss his whole junior year as he will get some sort of the regular season and post season in. That could be said as fair for a black and white rule written that doesn't seem to have any wiggle room around it. 

What is the KHSAA rules when it comes to practicing while having to sit out. Collegiate level they are allowed to practice during their transfer / redshirt season. Is this the case in KHSAA?