Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus Vaccine

Which option from post #1 would you choose? 19 members have voted

  1. 1. Which option from post #1 would you choose?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

If it was announced this week that a vaccine to prevent being infected by the virus was ready and had FDA approval, would you...

 

1. Be first in line to get it.

 

2. Get it at some point, but no hurry.

 

3. Wait months, to see if it turns people into Zombies or causes other medical issues.

 

4. Wait to get it until compelled by work/school to do so.

 

5. Wait to get it until compelled by law to do so.

 

6. Umm, nope. I survived this long without it. I'd rather go to jail than get the vaccine.

 

7. I have other thoughts about what I will do.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    A lot of the people suffering from vaccine issues would be dead or suffering similar issues without the vaccine. How many unvaccinated people are suffering from long COVID issues? People are still die

  • Agree.  As a frontline healthcare provider, I can say I have personally seen several strokes, a few devastating in young adults that had recently had Covid, and no other risk factors.  I am not saying

  • sportsfan41
    sportsfan41

    Yeah I read that headline last night and a little bit of the article.  Shocking how little media coverage it seemed to be getting, said no one at all. 

I am definitely in the 5 to 7 range.

 

I did read an article today claiming that vaccines for respiratory viruses are extremely challenging and that if we come up with a vaccine for COVID-19 that it will be the first vaccine ever for a corona virus.

 

I am just repeating what I read here so if this info is not correct please give it to us straight.

There is a 60 Minutes segment on the impact of the rushed, poorly tested swine flu vaccine that is worth watching.

 

6.

 

Besides Gates has enough money.

  • Author

I'm not in a hurry either. I'm more in the #3 category in that I probably wouldn't trust something rushed to market. I think there are so many other motives driving this, that I am suspect of any quick fixes.

If it had FDA approval (meaning it was found to be safe and effective) I'd get it as soon as could.

If it had FDA approval (meaning it was found to be safe and effective) I'd get it as soon as could.

 

FDA approval does not really translate into guaranteed safe. There is still risk and there is always a certain amount of "adverse side effect" cases. If there was not. then US Code 300aa-22, that exempts vaccine manufacturers from most civil liability would not be needed.

Definitely in the 2 or 3 category. Would definitely get it on my own at some point, but would probably wait until there were some more evidence of any long term effects of the vaccine. I feel like this will eventually dive head first in to a discussion about anti-vaxxers and if so I’m here ready to have a healthy debate with anyone who stands with anti-vaxxers.

I will wait until I am told that it is effective and safe by the medical professionals I know and trust (the same ones that told me to get the flu vaccine and to not get the shingles vaccine) or am compelled to get it.

Keep in mind that Covid-19's CDC designation is SARS-COV-2. They never found a vaccine for SARS-COV-1, which we common folk refer to as SARS. I am going to have a hard time trusting anything they throw out there, now.

FDA approval does not really translate into guaranteed safe. There is still risk and there is always a certain amount of "adverse side effect" cases. If there was not. then US Code 300aa-22, that exempts vaccine manufacturers from most civil liability would not be needed.

 

It’s a man-made vaccine, it will never be perfect. The flu vaccine itself is only 60-70% effective. That said, it will be the best defense we have, short of people building natural antibodies. Once the FDA clears it, we will see millions of people lining up, myself included.

I'd wait until I've been assured it's safe and effective.

I'd probably be in the 3 to 4 range.

 

Hopefully we're able to create a vaccine and hopefully it is effective.

Keep in mind that Covid-19's CDC designation is SARS-COV-2. They never found a vaccine for SARS-COV-1, which we common folk refer to as SARS. I am going to have a hard time trusting anything they throw out there, now.

 

I read where vaccines for corona viruses are very hard to create. So anything is suspect and especially anything that comes out quickly. But it could be a TSA-like approach. i.e. make everyone feel secure and then continue on with life.

FDA approval does not really translate into guaranteed safe. There is still risk and there is always a certain amount of "adverse side effect" cases. If there was not. then US Code 300aa-22, that exempts vaccine manufacturers from most civil liability would not be needed.

Despite this, I'd still get it without question.

So folks would take the malaria/lupus drug for treatment(non FDA approval) but wouldn’t take a vaccine that has FDA approval.

 

 

Yeah, we’re screwed.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.