Coronavirus Vaccine

Jumper_Dad

Which option from post #1 would you choose?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which option from post #1 would you choose?

If it was announced this week that a vaccine to prevent being infected by the virus was ready and had FDA approval, would you...

1. Be first in line to get it.

2. Get it at some point, but no hurry.

3. Wait months, to see if it turns people into Zombies or causes other medical issues.

4. Wait to get it until compelled by work/school to do so.

5. Wait to get it until compelled by law to do so.

6. Umm, nope. I survived this long without it. I'd rather go to jail than get the vaccine.

7. I have other thoughts about what I will do.

I am definitely in the 5 to 7 range.

I did read an article today claiming that vaccines for respiratory viruses are extremely challenging and that if we come up with a vaccine for COVID-19 that it will be the first vaccine ever for a corona virus.

I am just repeating what I read here so if this info is not correct please give it to us straight.

If it had FDA approval (meaning it was found to be safe and effective) I'd get it as soon as could.

FDA approval does not really translate into guaranteed safe. There is still risk and there is always a certain amount of "adverse side effect" cases. If there was not. then US Code 300aa-22, that exempts vaccine manufacturers from most civil liability would not be needed.

Definitely in the 2 or 3 category. Would definitely get it on my own at some point, but would probably wait until there were some more evidence of any long term effects of the vaccine. I feel like this will eventually dive head first in to a discussion about anti-vaxxers and if so I’m here ready to have a healthy debate with anyone who stands with anti-vaxxers.

FDA approval does not really translate into guaranteed safe. There is still risk and there is always a certain amount of "adverse side effect" cases. If there was not. then US Code 300aa-22, that exempts vaccine manufacturers from most civil liability would not be needed.

It’s a man-made vaccine, it will never be perfect. The flu vaccine itself is only 60-70% effective. That said, it will be the best defense we have, short of people building natural antibodies. Once the FDA clears it, we will see millions of people lining up, myself included.

Keep in mind that Covid-19's CDC designation is SARS-COV-2. They never found a vaccine for SARS-COV-1, which we common folk refer to as SARS. I am going to have a hard time trusting anything they throw out there, now.

I read where vaccines for corona viruses are very hard to create. So anything is suspect and especially anything that comes out quickly. But it could be a TSA-like approach. i.e. make everyone feel secure and then continue on with life.

Despite this, I'd still get it without question.