Coronavirus financial advice

theguru

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It keeps seeming more like I’m in the minority, I keep trying to become more and more serious about this financially, but I still keep coming back to this being a great time to be a buyer. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong but by the middle of summer or at worst by the start of football season, we’ll be back to normal. Nothing I’ve seen or heard makes me feel otherwise.

It keeps seeming more like I’m in the minority, I keep trying to become more and more serious about this financially, but I still keep coming back to this being a great time to be a buyer. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong but by the middle of summer or at worst by the start of football season, we’ll be back to normal. Nothing I’ve seen or heard makes me feel otherwise.

I am with you on all this.

I agree 100%. The mister and I have been buying a few stocks in the last week.

I remember the big crash in 2008. I know several people who bought stocks through that crisis and did very well. My father-in-law was a very savvy investor. He always said to wait out these times and take advantage, if you can, by buying. Don’t panic and sell.

I got conservative (out of stocks to greater extent) after China quit shipping. I figured the market could get this low - and here we are. Yesterday was a good stable day on the Dow. Need a few more of those. I think things will be choppy until the light does show where the end of the tunnel is. Then we should be buying or moving 401K back into stock. Feels early right now. But further serious drop should be improbable at this point - hopefully! The knife should not fall much, if any further.

I agree 100%. The mister and I have been buying a few stocks in the last week.

I remember the big crash in 2008. I know several people who bought stocks through that crisis and did very well. My father-in-law was a very savvy investor. He always said to wait out these times and take advantage, if you can, by buying. Don’t panic and sell.

Great advice for everyone. If you stayed in to this point - your in now! The only good road back is in the market (stocks).

It will likely take two years to "recover". And if the volatility keeps up it may feel bad. But if you were in stocks in February and kept them there. Its best to not look at your statements until there is some recovery. Do not bail at the bottom.

If you did move out of stocks in your 401K then the question will be when to get back in.

Great advice for everyone. If you stayed in to this point - your in now! The only good road back is in the market (stocks).

It will likely take two years to "recover". And if the volatility keeps up it may feel bad. But if you were in stocks in February and kept them there. Its best to not look at your statements until there is some recovery. Do not bail at the bottom.

If you did move out of stocks in your 401K then the question will be when to get back in.

Many millionaires are made during stock crashes. Buying the dip is always the advice you hear. Back to back green closes would be nice.

Once it crosses 21k we should start paying attention and see where it goes from there. Still a lot of uncertainty.