Coronavirus financial advice

theguru

Interesting that hotels have slashed their rates in half.

Another Catch 22. Great cheap rates! No reason to go to their city.

In Lexington, rooms that would be going for over $100 tonight because of the State Basketball Tournament, are on sale for $66. Many 4-Stars advertising $46.

Paisano's lost my annual double order of Veal Piccata tonight.

They do deliver, but I doubt to Northern Kentucky.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had plans of putting a fence in the backyard for the dogs this spring. That might be put on hold, haven't decided yet.

I think we are definitely going to be saving money, especially because my wife can't stop for Starbucks and I can't stop for a random beer here or there. Plus no weekend adventures. That helps balance some of the lost vending money.

I had plans of putting a fence in the backyard for the dogs this spring. That might be put on hold, haven't decided yet.

I think we are definitely going to be saving money, especially because my wife can't stop for Starbucks and I can't stop for a random beer here or there. Plus no weekend adventures. That helps balance some of the lost vending money.

If you can’t afford to buy 3 fences right now, I wouldn’t buy 1.

Dow below 20k, absolutely unprecedented times. We will have a new perspective on the value of a dollar once this ends.

I doubt that it will faze most people, they'll just keep on spending like there is no tomorrow. People soon forgot 911 and 2008 when it came to spending.

I’m not buying anything right now. I am really worried about what’s coming down the road financially.

Me too. I've watched 1/3 of my money that I have in the stock market disappear, with more likely to follow. My 401k has been hit very hard. I've got cash, and I'm still working for now, but I'm in advertising so commission is a big part of my income, and small businesses are about 50% of my book of business. My company won't survive more than 6 months with the market in its current state. Plus I turn 50 in two weeks. It will be hard to completely replace my income should my job go away. I'm not going to be spending anything I don't have to.

Me too. I've watched 1/3 of my money that I have in the stock market disappear, with more likely to follow. My 401k has been hit very hard. I've got cash, and I'm still working for now, but I'm in advertising so commission is a big part of my income, and small businesses are about 50% of my book of business. My company won't survive more than 6 months with the market in its current state. Plus I turn 50 in two weeks. It will be hard to completely replace my income should my job go away. I'm not going to be spending anything I don't have to.

Feel for you, brother. I'll keep you and your family in prayer.

Feel for you, brother. I'll keep you and your family in prayer.

Thanks. On the positive side, I completely reinvented my career 11 years ago when my previous one went away during the last tough period in 2008/2009, so I've kind of been through this before. My wife has a solid job, and my kids are just about on their own. We won't have any car payments by the end of summer, so it's not all negative. I'll find some way to make it work.

I wasn't as worried last week. A lot has changed since Monday.