Life After COVID-19 Crisis

Voice of Reason

What a tragedy it would be if every 10 years we had to think about other people for a few weeks...

I said in another post that I am selfish (and still somewhat sane).

Give me some good solid logic and facts to back it up and maybe I will buy in.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a related note, I’m hoping that kids aren’t pressured to attend school while sick just to keep a perfect attendance run intact.

I am with you here. Just hope it does not flip the other way, where students doing the "fake sick" thing to avoid school, won't be questioned and can miss school whenever they want.

What is going to change?

One thing I feel certain will change is what people do when they are not feeling well, and how others will look at them. Before COVID-19, many people would keep working, go to school, go on with normal life when feeling "under the weather". That is done. Show up to work, school, etc. coughing, sneezing and blowing non stop and others are going to be livid. The new model will be stay home, work from home until you know you are not contagious. Business is going to have to adjust and account for more sick days from employees.

What do you see in our new future?

This is definitely one change that I hope happens. It is already needed, even before COVID-19. People don't go to work sick because they love their job that much. They go because they literally can't survive without full paychecks.

Paid leave as well? I wouldn't see a problem with that as long as a doctors note can confirm the diagnosis.

What is going to change?

One thing I feel certain will change is what people do when they are not feeling well, and how others will look at them. Before COVID-19, many people would keep working, go to school, go on with normal life when feeling "under the weather". That is done. Show up to work, school, etc. coughing, sneezing and blowing non stop and others are going to be livid. The new model will be stay home, work from home until you know you are not contagious. Business is going to have to adjust and account for more sick days from employees.

What do you see in our new future?

I'm curious what businesses/companies are killed by this. Will the XFL survive? What about mom & pop restaurants that depend on folks in the dining room?

XFL is one of the first in thought of when that thought crossed my mind as well.

I said in another post that I am selfish (and still somewhat sane).

Give me some good solid logic and facts to back it up and maybe I will buy in.

It does nobody any good to be stubborn about this. There’s literally not one positive to that way of thinking.

It’s inconvenient and annoying to an extent, to be sure. I’m okay with the inconvenience if it benefits the greater good.

Americans are incredibly selfish, arrogant and a lot of us feel invincible.

Americans are incredibly confident, resilient, optimistic, and selfless. We should be. Our trophy collection is big and the ripple effect of our genorousity throughout the world is huge. Get out of whatever downer social network you belong to. Being a hater is no fun. I guess being the deuce is a lifetime of jealousy and natural issues with not being numero uno lol. Give it try though, look for better and you will find it. Cheers

We were planning on a fish fry tonight but with so many closing we just decided to do a drive thru. Every restaurant we drove past seemed to be doing good business. Is it possible this "lock down" will be a boon to restaurants? What else is there for people to do? No large events of any kind, sports or otherwise. People will want to get out of the house. I will be interested in hearing the impact on restaurants. Is it possible business will be up in restaurants and bars?

Americans are incredibly confident, resilient, optimistic, and selfless. We should be. Our trophy collection is big and the ripple effect of our genorousity throughout the world is huge. Get out of whatever downer social network you belong to. Being a hater is no fun. I guess being the deuce is a lifetime of jealousy and natural issues with not being numero uno lol. Give it try though, look for better and you will find it. Cheers

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

You could only hope to be as great as me.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

You could only hope to be as great as me.

How you make those smiley faces? I need this in my posts.

Some fish fries open tonight for one last Friday. Come get some good eats.

We were planning on a fish fry tonight but with so many closing we just decided to do a drive thru. Every restaurant we drove past seemed to be doing good business. Is it possible this "lock down" will be a boon to restaurants? What else is there for people to do? No large events of any kind, sports or otherwise. People will want to get out of the house. I will be interested in hearing the impact on restaurants. Is it possible business will be up in restaurants and bars?

I'm guessing yes.

I don't know which thread to ask this question in but this seems like the right one, should we all be self-quarantining or if we are feeling okay should we be out supporting restaurants, bars, etc?

If no one goes out, no one makes any money, and no one is able to pay their bills.

What are the ethical/moral considerations of either staying in or going out?

It's a great question and quite a conundrum.

I told my wife that I 100% still plan on, at the very least supporting Alexandria Brewing Company. At first she thought I was crazy, but the way I see it, I am going to get stir crazy at some point. The only people probably going there during this time are people that live in my community that feel healthy. People from all over NKY and Greater Cincy aren't going to Alexandria for the brewery during this time. I'll have a better chance of catching it running to Kroger/Walmart for something. Told her that if we are going to "get food" from anywhere at some point, than that brewery is going to be just as safe as anywhere else, if not more.

She agreed with my logic in the end. I'm not sure I'll be venture to other breweries or restaurants than that. But I thoroughly enjoy the brewery that is a mile from my house and I'd hate to see it shutdown for good if this lasts for a while. I'll do my small part haha!

Will we do away with the handshake? Go Japan style and begin bowing? I work out at a boutique fitness studio and they are trying to do the elbow thing which I can't rally behind.

I like the kick of each other's foot which I haven't seen anyone do, way more than the elbow thing. That's just dumb.

Is it possible business will be up in restaurants and bars?

I don't know about restaurants but I got a feeling the longer that this lasts, the more likely people get fed up and at least go to the local hole-in-the-wall bar/tavern to just get out (e.g. Skyline Tavern in Highland Heights).