Now that NCC has 2 straight, Will Schneider step up and play HHS?

It has been too many years without a New Cath/Highlands game. Every year both teams are very good, they are about 2 miles apart as the crow flies, the kids all grew up together, it is an intense rivalry in many other sports, why not reinstate the game? I know HHS is having trouble filling out the schedule for 2007 and may have to play Ryle twice to get in enough games. With realignment, there is no better time to bring this game back! I know the HHS faithful and players would love to see this game. I hope NCC feels the same!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCC's schedule is set. Bellevue, Beechwood, LLoyd, Newport, Holy Cross, Conner, Ryle, Campbell Co, CovCath, Simon Kenton. Got to remember when Highlands took NCC off the schedule it was for the opportunity to play marquee games such as Elder while chasing national recognition and IMO playing a 2A school isn't what they are after. Because of the CovCath/Beechwood problems that caused that game to not be played for two years Highlands scheduled Beechwood. And they didn't continue that series or the one with Danville so it would appear that Highlands is not looking to play smaller classes.

NCC's schedule is set. Bellevue, Beechwood, LLoyd, Newport, Holy Cross, Conner, Ryle, Campbell Co, CovCath, Simon Kenton. Got to remember when Highlands took NCC off the schedule it was for the opportunity to play marquee games such as Elder while chasing national recognition and IMO playing a 2A school isn't what they are after. Because of the CovCath/Beechwood problems that caused that game to not be played for two years Highlands scheduled Beechwood. And they didn't continue that series or the one with Danville so it would appear that Highlands is not looking to play smaller classes.

Good Answer? Seems to make a lot of sense, but how good is this answer?

This game needs to be played and should be played.. Ft.Thomas Publics vs Ft.Thomas Catholics.............The kids would love it and so would the adults. I also am tired of hearing how NCC would beat HHS.........personally I don't think so. Bring it back!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

This game needs to be played and should be played.. Ft.Thomas Publics vs Ft.Thomas Catholics.............The kids would love it and so would the adults. I also am tired of hearing how NCC would beat HHS.........personally I don't think so. Bring it back!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

Correction....Ft. Thomas/Bellevue/Dayton/Cold Spring/Alexandria/Newport/Catholics......vs. Ft. Thomas Public... lets make sure we have it straight who feeds who. But I agree... the Birds would probably prevail but it would be a great game to watch.

Correction....Ft. Thomas/Bellevue/Dayton/Cold Spring/Alexandria/Newport/Catholics......vs. Ft. Thomas Public... lets make sure we have it straight who feeds who. But I agree... the Birds would probably prevail but it would be a great game to watch.

I'm just messin..........:D

What class will NCC be next year? Won't Highlands be in 5A? If NCC is still a 1A school, why would this game be attractive to Highlands? I'm sure Male doesn't have any interest in playing Louisville Holy Cross or Christian Academy.

I've not heard one person say this.

I don't care if you've heard it or not.....I have. The reason I put the Ft. Thomas Publics vs Ft. Thomas Catholics is because these are the people that care the most about this game being played.:irked:

What class will NCC be next year? Won't Highlands be in 5A? If NCC is still a 1A school, why would this game be attractive to Highlands? I'm sure Male doesn't have any interest in playing Louisville Holy Cross or Christian Academy.

The reason being alot of these kids have grown up together...It would be fun for the community to restart this rivalry.. The schools are also about a mile apart.