Now that NCC has 2 straight, Will Schneider step up and play HHS?

The reason that it's annoying, this whole Ft. Thomas Catholic thing, is that there is a perceived arrogance in Ft. Thomas.
Only among those that want to believe it to be so.

The "Ft. Thomas Catholic" remark is aimed more at Ft. Thomas than at NCC. Do all students of NCC live in Ft. Thomas? No. Do almost all kids in Ft. Thomas go to either HHS or NCC? Yes.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only among those that want to believe it to be so.

The "Ft. Thomas Catholic" remark is aimed more at Ft. Thomas than at NCC. Do all students of NCC live in Ft. Thomas? No. Do almost all kids in Ft. Thomas go to either HHS or NCC? Yes.

Granted, but he has referred to it as Ft. Thomas Catholic on other threads and to a point its humorous...now it has passed equilibrium and is realizing diminishing return.

HHS is a natural 3A size school playing up in 5A. NCC is a natural 2A. Not much difference in size and the game would generate a lot of community buzz. I think it is a good fit. I am skeptical of the reason posted earlier as to why the game is no longer played, I have heard the offer to play has been laid on the table for several seasons by Mueller and has not been taken by NCC. But that could be wrong.

I understand that some feel that a HHS -v- NCC matchup would not be in Highlands best interest because it is just a bigger school picking on the smaller school but I disagree. I think it would be great for the kids and the community alike. The two schools are close enough in size that it should be a great game.

Actually I wouldn't say Highlands is a natural 3A school. It happens to be one of the smallest in 3A and actually maybe a little more on the larger 2A level. Going by the numbers of course.

Actually I wouldn't say Highlands is a natural 3A school. It happens to be one of the smallest in 3A and actually maybe a little more on the larger 2A level. Going by the numbers of course.

I think he was referring to the new 6 class alignment where Highlands would have been placed in class 3A and I believe would have been towards the larger end with about 780-800 students and 390-400 boys.

The reason this game is attractive to some in the Highlands community is that they believe they would beat NCC which might influence some kids to go to Highlands instead of NCC. Since NCC and Highlands don't play each other and with NCC actually playing for and winning more championships than Highlands in the last few years, it's harder to convince a student that it's more advantageous to choose Highlands over NCC.

The reason this game is attractive to some in the Highlands community is that they believe they would beat NCC which might influence some kids to go to Highlands instead of NCC. Since NCC and Highlands don't play each other and with NCC actually playing for and winning more championships than Highlands in the last few years, it's harder to convince a student that it's more advantageous to choose Highlands over NCC.

Spoken like someone from Erlanger.:rolleyes:

The kid's name really isn't important. I just wanted point out that there are kids (and their families) who make decisions on which school to attend at least partially based upon the the strength of the school's football team. Other people are aware of how those decisions are made and would like events that benefit their team to come to fruition. It's something that can't be ignored.

In the interest of balance (and not just stirring the pot) I'll list some other reasons why Highlands would want to see the matchup.

1. Natural neighborhood rivalry.

2. Large gate helps financially

3. Short travel distance.

The kid's name really isn't important. I just wanted point out that there are kids (and their families) who make decisions on which school to attend at least partially based upon the the strength of the school's football team. Other people are aware of how those decisions are made and would like events that benefit their team to come to fruition. It's something that can't be ignored.

In the interest of balance (and not just stirring the pot) I'll list some other reasons why Highlands would want to see the matchup.

If you were to rate the reasons; these would be the top three.

NC was THE Rival long before CovCath. These kids grow up together and often go to the same grade school. Back in the days of sub districts you could go 9-1 as Highlands did in 1980 and miss the playoffs (Though to Newport not NC). Highlands and NC were in the same sub-district then both in AAA.

This is a rivalry game similar to Beechwood & Cov Cath.

Many of the kids I know have parents that went to Highlands and now go to NC. Likewise, many of the kids have parents that went to NC and now go to Highlands. (NC Bird where are you? Pay your $10.00 and join in.) Some even have a parent that went to HHS & the other to NC.

This game needs to happen!

Sorry, but that's absolute rubbish! :rolleyes:

If you were to rate the reasons; these would be the top three.

And the only three.

Back in the days of sub districts you could go 9-1 as Highlands did in 1980 and miss the playoffs (Though to Newport not NC). Highlands and NC were in the same sub-district then both in AAA.
I literally cried after that game -- it was awful!

You make some excellent points. In fact, my own uncle went to Highlands, and all of his kids went to NCC.

Are you talking about kids who choose to go to PRIVATE schools?