Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Burger King Sued

Featured Replies

Burger King is being sued by a vegan man who is doing so because his Impossible Whopper was contaminated by being cooked on the same grill as real beef.

 

We will sue for anything now a days. The man acknowledges that he did not ask for the beef to be prepared in any special way away from beef, but says he should not have to.

 

Sadly in 2019, the man may walk with some cash as a settlement, but if I'm BK I fight it to the end.

I'm not so sure he wins that one. The "I shouldn't have to" doesn't apply to vegan vs. meat like maybe an allergy would.

 

I too hope BK fights it. That guy is purely looking for a payday. He knew they wouldn't prepare it any differently, and he knows that you can sue anybody for anything these days.

I'm guessing that little bit of burger grease that may get on it, probably improves the flavor.

BK ought to be sued for how horrible that impossible whopper tastes. I tried one recently and yuck!

Jeez, Louise. The place is called Burger King, for cripes sake.

Jeez, Louise. The place is called Burger King, for cripes sake.

 

Right. If anything, Burger King is guilty of trying to include vegans in their menu.

I was curious if BK ever advertised this as a vegan option or not. I don't recall them doing so. In looking at their site, they have the following next to the Impossible Whopper details:

 

*For guests looking for a meat-free option, a non-broiler method of preparation is available upon request..

 

I wonder if they just added this, or if it's always been there.

 

As for the Impossible Whopper, I thought it was pretty good. The first one I had wasn't prepared properly as I don't think it was fully cooked. However, the last 2 tasted exactly like I remembered a Whopper from 15+ years ago.

Right. If anything, Burger King is guilty of trying to include vegans in their menu.

 

I've never had a vegan before...is it better on the grill or deep fried?

I've never had a vegan before...is it better on the grill or deep fried?

Cooked in milk, covered with cheese, bacon on the side.

According to one of Joe Rogan's podcast, that Impossible Burger is no better for you and might actually be worse.

 

And this guy sucks.

There are some people that have developed a meat allergy after getting bitten by a tick. I listened to a podcast on it awhile back. They get deathly sick when they eat meat. I can imagine that could be an issue for them, so I think that maybe a qualifying statement somewhere (like they have for things that might be made where peanuts have been) will probably be the outcome. I don't know if there will be a monetary gain (and I hope not, in this one).

BK ought to be sued for how horrible that impossible whopper tastes. I tried one recently and yuck!

 

My wife and I tried one, we thought they were pretty good.

 

The best vegetable burger I ever had was at the Red Light Cafe in Covington on 7th Street, Unfortunately it doesn't exist any longer. I believe those patties were deep fried but not sure.

Edited by OlDog75

There are some people that have developed a meat allergy after getting bitten by a tick. I listened to a podcast on it awhile back. They get deathly sick when they eat meat. I can imagine that could be an issue for them, so I think that maybe a qualifying statement somewhere (like they have for things that might be made where peanuts have been) will probably be the outcome. I don't know if there will be a monetary gain (and I hope not, in this one).

 

I've not heard if this particular customer is vegan by "choice" or, as in your example, by "necessity". However, if it is indeed by necessity...then, they are a bloody fool going to a restaurant that PRIMARILY SELLS COOKED MEAT! And, regardless of what may or may not be said on the menu...do they really want to trust their life to a part-time, minimum wage, high-school kid to follow those instructions to the letter?!? If becoming deathly sick was a potential outcome from eating the wrong thing, I would stay as far away from any fast food place promoting this type of thing. But, I guess that's just me.

I've not heard if this particular customer is vegan by "choice" or, as in your example, by "necessity". However, if it is indeed by necessity...then, they are a bloody fool going to a restaurant that PRIMARILY SELLS COOKED MEAT! And, regardless of what may or may not be said on the menu...do they really want to trust their life to a part-time, minimum wage, high-school kid to follow those instructions to the letter?!? If becoming deathly sick was a potential outcome from eating the wrong thing, I would stay as far away from any fast food place promoting this type of thing. But, I guess that's just me.
I agree with you. I’m just discussing the standard that businesses need to protect themselves from litigation.

What I want to see is punitive damages in the form of trebled costs and attorney fees when stupid lawsuits like this are filed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.