I need a new Crock-Pot

theguru

I must be the only non Insta Pot fan. I have had one for a year. Don’t care for it. I don’t need my food cooked in a hurry. Haven’t cooked one thing that was better than my tried and true old recipes.

Love my crock pot and my air fryer.

Same.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #14

I must be the only non Insta Pot fan. I have had one for a year. Don’t care for it. I don’t need my food cooked in a hurry. Haven’t cooked one thing that was better than my tried and true old recipes.

Love my crock pot and my air fryer.

If you don't have a need for things to be cooked faster, then I agree the Instant Pot probably isn't necessary.

I've cooked things in both the Crockpot and Instant Pot, and haven't noticed any difference in taste so that gives the Instant Pot points in my book.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I now own an Instant Pot, thanks in part to this thread. I purchased the 8 qt Duo Crisp model which seems to be the best of both worlds as it is not only a slow / pressure cooker but can also air fry as well. It is currently on sale at Target for $129 which is $100 less than they had the comparable Ninja model. I'm supposed to be going on a major diet after the new year, so hopefully I can find recipes for some easy to make healthy meals to prepare with this new gadget.

https://www.target.com/p/instant-pot-8qt-duo-crisp-combo-pressure-cooker-air-fryer/-/A-54643330

Well I now own an Instant Pot, thanks in part to this thread. I purchased the 8 qt Duo Crisp model which seems to be the best of both worlds as it is not only a slow / pressure cooker but can also air fry as well. It is currently on sale at Target for $129 which is $100 less than they had the comparable Ninja model. I'm supposed to be going on a major diet after the new year, so hopefully I can find recipes for some easy to make healthy meals to prepare with this new gadget.

https://www.target.com/p/instant-pot-8qt-duo-crisp-combo-pressure-cooker-air-fryer/-/A-54643330

You'll love it! I have the ninja version and the air fryer portion as well as the bake/broil functions make a big difference. We rarely use the oven anymore.

Just curious...why do we need food cooked in a hurry? When I was young, working and had babies, I loved my crock pot! Put it on when I went to work and had dinner waiting when I got home. Crock pots are simple. My instapot has all kinds of settings and instructions. Doesn’t seem so carefree. I doin’t think the taste or quality is worth it either. If I am missing something, PLEASE enlighten me. My instanpot which I was thrilled to try, is gathering dust in my basement.

Now that I am older, we actually enjoy cooking. We can actually do that as we rock in our rockers!

Edited by Beechwoodfan

Just curious...why do we need food cooked in a hurry? When I was young, working and had babies, I loved my crock pot! Put it on when I went to work and had dinner waiting when I got home. Crock pots are simple. My instapot has all kinds of settings and instructions. Doesn’t seem so carefree. I doin’t think the taste or quality is worth it either. If I am missing something, PLEASE enlighten me. My instanpot which I was thrilled to try, is gathering dust in my basement.

Now that I am older, we actually enjoy cooking. We can actually do that as we rock in our rockers!

I don’t always have time to prepare food to put in the crockpot before I go to work. It’s nice to come home and be able to cook a hot meal in a short amount of time.

I have ave certain recipes that I make in my InstaPot and others in my crock pot. I will never make ribs in anything but my InstaPot. As for all of the settings, I’ve only ever used the sauté function and high pressure.