November 25, 200619 yr 4A - Public (Ryle) vs. Private (Trinity) 3A - Public (BG) vs. Private (Cov. Cath) 2A - Public (Russell) vs. Public (Mercer) 1A - Public (Danville) vs. Private (New Cath.) At least one public school will win. You can also bet the KHSAA will be rooting hard for the other three publics so the football world will get off their backs. Just stiring the pot a little.
November 25, 200619 yr I say 2 and 2. Cov Cath and Trinity for the Privates and Danville and Whoever for the publics.
November 25, 200619 yr 4A Trinity Wins 3A Covington Catholic wins 2A Mercer County 1A Danville wins 50:50 Private and Public....
November 25, 200619 yr Does it matter? I see the finals as the best teams that are left. They all earned it. If someone has a problem with it, then look in the mirror and find a way to make your team better. Who ever does complain, then chances are they never been there before and are looking for an easy way out. Like going to 6 divisions for starters. Ribbons for everyone!!!:irked:
November 25, 200619 yr Does it matter? I see the finals as the best teams that are left. They all earned it. If someone has a problem with it, then look in the mirror and find a way to make your team better. Who ever does complain, then chances are they never been there before and are looking for an easy way out. Like going to 6 divisions for starters. Ribbons for everyone!!!:irked: You know your right. I think it is my teams fault. I think we need to start looking at these schools and take a lesson. We need to make a model out of these schools and find out what makes them so successful. Then we need to try to imitate that. Oh wait. I don't think the KHSAA will let us do that. Well there goes that.
November 25, 200619 yr You know your right. I think it is my teams fault. I think we need to start looking at these schools and take a lesson. We need to make a model out of these schools and find out what makes them so successful. Then we need to try to imitate that. Oh wait. I don't think the KHSAA will let us do that. Well there goes that. I'm with you. It's hard to compete as a public school when all you have to offer is TOTAL FREE RIDES to all of your athletes; including tuition, books, supplies, athletics fees, higher paid coaches/teachers (higher than private schools). I mean, it's such an advantage for the private schools when they require financial commitments, and sometimes hardships, from their students and their families.... :rolleyes:
November 25, 200619 yr I won't pontificate, however I'm for public schools playing public schools. I'm also a big fan of 6 classes. Why? Because the school I support is a 1A (remaining 1A) public school. Playing fields need to be even. The 4A system's enrollment span's were too broad, creating an inequity in the pool of players available, and the private schools have an even greater advantage. I say seperate championships for private public and hooray for the 6 class system.
November 25, 200619 yr I'm with you. It's hard to compete as a public school when all you have to offer is TOTAL FREE RIDES to all of your athletes; including tuition, books, supplies, athletics fees, higher paid coaches/teachers (higher than private schools). I mean, it's such an advantage for the private schools when they require financial commitments, and sometimes hardships, from their students and their families.... :rolleyes: And what is your school. I went to a public school and had to pay for my own books and supplies. I will use Pburg for instance. If Pburg could go private that would extend their pool of talent. They are many great athletes at Allen Central that would love to play for a good program. They could also feed off from surrounding counties. If that isn't an advantage then i don't know what is.
November 25, 200619 yr And what is your school. I went to a public school and had to pay for my own books and supplies. I will use Pburg for instance. If Pburg could go private that would extend their pool of talent. They are many great athletes at Allen Central that would love to play for a good program. They could also feed off from surrounding counties. If that isn't an advantage then i don't know what is. No offense Cats Eye, but Pburg is not the bets example of a public school to use considering that they have had their run in's with the KHSAA for playing illegal players.
November 25, 200619 yr I won't pontificate, however I'm for public schools playing public schools. I'm also a big fan of 6 classes. Why? Because the school I support is a 1A (remaining 1A) public school. Playing fields need to be even. The 4A system's enrollment span's were too broad, creating an inequity in the pool of players available, and the private schools have an even greater advantage. I say seperate championships for private public and hooray for the 6 class system. While I may disagree with you on the public/private split for championships, I AGREE with you about the number of divisions. In boxing/wrestling/UFC there are many different weight-classes, because size makes a difference. I believe that the same is true in football. Is is it POSSIBLE that a particular welter-weight could defeat a heavy-weight, yes. But the advantages GENERALLY lie with the heavy-weight. So it is with football. COULD a 1A defeat a 4A? Yes, but I am for what I deem as more equitable football "weightclasses"; i.e., 6 classes.
November 25, 200619 yr No offense Cats Eye, but Pburg is not the bets example of a public school to use considering that they have had their run in's with the KHSAA for playing illegal players. That actually might make them the perfect example. If they didn't have to worry about those run in with the KHSAA they might be able to feild those 70 and 80 man squads.
November 25, 200619 yr I think 2 & 2. 3a is a wash IMO. Could easily go 3-1 public, but most likley Cov Cath and T get it done. Good year of football IMO.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.