Rich Brooks silenced his doubters?

HailToTheChief

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't Rich Brooks have one more year remaining on his contract? I would hope that even with a potential 7, 8 or 9 win season, the administration wouldn't jump to conclusions and give him a huge extension. There's no real reason to lock him up long-term; its not like other schools will be pursuing him.

Maybe add one more season to the existing deal for recruiting purposes and then see next season if this staff is for real, or if this year was just a blip on the screen.

I have been critical of Brooks and I still do not like him but you can't deny the fact he has improved the team from what they were. I give him credit for sticking to his guns and believing in what he was trying to accomplish. I have always heard that you have to crawl before you walk and I think they have taken some huge steps in the right direction. The players seem content and have bought into what Brooks is teaching so to me that speaks volumes for him. I hope they continue to improve, the cats have faced a lot of adversity and keep on fighting through it, that says a lot about the character of the players. Brooks has one more year on his contract so I think he will be given that year to continue to improve. If there is no improvement I feel he will be looking for the rocking chair.

I have been critical of Brooks and I still do not like him but you can't deny the fact he has improved the team from what they were. I give him credit for sticking to his guns and believing in what he was trying to accomplish. I have always heard that you have to crawl before you walk and I think they have taken some huge steps in the right direction. The players seem content and have bought into what Brooks is teaching so to me that speaks volumes for him. I hope they continue to improve, the cats have faced a lot of adversity and keep on fighting through it, that says a lot about the character of the players. Brooks has one more year on his contract so I think he will be given that year to continue to improve. If there is no improvement I feel he will be looking for the rocking chair.

Nice post and comments cville. I have been more than critical of Brooks from the day that he was hired and still don't like him. I will say that he has brought UK football above what we were but that is not saying much.:eek: I still am not convinced that he is the man for the job at UK but I have to give him credit for sticking to his guns under all the fire. Archer is another story all together. He and his matador defensive philosophy should had been gone before he was hired.:irked:

Brooks has saved his job. He will only solidify his position with another good recruiting class.

I heard a stat that UK gave up over 600 yards today. Changes on the defensive side of the ball must be made including Archer going.

If they let Archer go then he wouldn't be unemployed for more than a week. He is a very good and knowledgable defensive coordinator. The defense is young and the secondary is weak in spots. They will get better with age and depth.

The defense gave up a ton of yards, but came up with crucial TO's at key times once again this week. They are very young and will continue to improve. I have been hard on Archer, but they are showing improvement. Still a long way to go. Too many missed tackles today, and at halftime, that was Brooks' biggest complaint.

Brooks will get a 2-3 year extension. This way, it helps him to solidify to recruits that he will be there. And the recruits and HS coaches really do like Brooks. He is straight forward and honest with the players/coaches and they know where they stand with him. He doesn't have a bubbly personality but knows the game of football and is doing what he has done before, rebuilding a program. I am just pleased that it is at UK and that it is happening faster than it did for him at Oregon. I know that many of my fellow UK fans expect the world and want it right away and that patience is often not our most visible trait. However, I also know that before Brooks, Oregon was always horrible, but I truly believe the situation was much worse at UK with the probation and loss of scholarships.

He has done what he was asked to do and done it with class and dignity. Mumme was left a lot of talented players by Curry (who was an excellent recruiter). Brooks was not. I would rather see it done the right way and it take a few years long then done quickly (circa Mumme/Bassett) and the wrong way.

Keep up the good work coach, ... you and your Cats are making me proud that I have supported you and will continue to do so! :thumb: